pistol info

belsie

MY SON WANTS TO GET INTO SHOOTING ( PISTOL ) AND i THOUGHT YOU GUYS MAY HAVE SOME HONEST ADVICE & RECOMENDATIONS ...........THANKS FOR ANY HELP............

Bigbirdxx

A Ruger .22 Mark 2 or Mark 3 is a fine semi auto pistol that is great for training and the basics. Affordable gun and ammo in addition.

KC87

No one can do that. Take the boy down to look and handle as many as he can to find one that feels comfortable to "him"
A .22 would be nice for doing a lot of practice and just plain good old fashion blasting or if he wants something with a bit more oomph a 9mm is about the cheapest center fire ammo out there. Good job bringing him up right! :)

Jerryl

Tall Chinese Guy
I had a similar question and just created a scoring system, so a buyer doesn't make an emotional decision on their purpose.

Nobody can, not should they advice someone what model or make to buy. There are just too many questions to be asked and answered before making a final decision. The question of "feel" (for example) can't be answered by anyone but the individual. Making a suggestion on a specific model is down right irresponsible.

mikes86ttop

The real thing would be better than anything... If you have any shooting ranges in your area they may have rental guns available. That way there you can get him the hands on experience and figure out what would be comfortable for him... Mike

conn84gn

Range with rental guns I second
Try figuring out what you want when your left handed;)
Yes I shoot with both hands

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
MY SON WANTS TO GET INTO SHOOTING ( PISTOL ) AND i THOUGHT YOU GUYS MAY HAVE SOME HONEST ADVICE & RECOMENDATIONS ...........THANKS FOR ANY HELP............
Intended or perceived usage? Price range?

A man can do well with a quality 22LR revolver, either Single Action or Dual Action with a 4" to 6" barrel.

A mid frame dual action revolver in 357 magnum with a 4" barrel for self defense & hunting game up to +/- 150 lbs.

Adjustable sights are a huge advantage. Stainless steel construction has some benefit.

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
A( .22) ...Walther p22 or ruger sr22 are great starter guns and cheap ammo/ fun to shoot and burn through rounds ... and will be a stepping stone to a 9mm....my Beretta 92fs is one of my favorite guns ....one of the best 9mm on the market as far quality /price /and accuracy ...

KC87

A( .22) ...Walther p22 or ruger sr22 are great starter guns and cheap ammo/ fun to shoot and burn through rounds ... and will be a stepping stone to a 9mm....my Beretta 92fs is one of my favorite guns ....one of the best 9mm on the market as far quality /price /and accuracy ...
From what I've been reading everything is just flying off the shelves, rifles, shotguns, you name it. Supposedly hunting rounds are readily available but the 5.56, 7.62, buckshot, slugs, etc are hard to come by right now. Friend said today that his pal that owns a small shop only had 4 long guns left and its put your name on a list for something to come in.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
From what I've been reading everything is just flying off the shelves, rifles, shotguns, you name it. Supposedly hunting rounds are readily available but the 5.56, 7.62, buckshot, slugs, etc are hard to come by right now. Friend said today that his pal that owns a small shop only had 4 long guns left and its put your name on a list for something to come in.
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!

it sure is ...I went to buy some 00buc and all gone ...thank god I hoard ammo like Buick parts :p...if all else fails I just start throwing throttle bodies :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

KC87

Bad time to make a purchase. Little inventory, big prices.
This must infuriate the libtards and demonrats, every time they open their pie hole the gun makers' stock skyrockets. According to NICS it was a stellar May for sales and bet June will be off the charts. Thanks for doing your part to support American business!

KC87

it sure is ...I went to buy some 00buc and all gone ...thank god I hoard ammo like Buick parts :p
Ya know, when ya think about it if you had say 10,000 rounds of 5.56 and got into that many fire fights to use a fraction of that I think someone would be maggot food before 1,000 rounds was gone. Just sayin. :LOL:
Keep your powder dry. :love:

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
Ya know, when ya think about it if you had say 10,000 rounds of 5.56 and got into that many fire fights to use a fraction of that I think someone would be maggot food before 1,000 rounds was gone. Just sayin. :LOL:
Keep your powder dry. :love:
not quite that much of a hoard ..but I do shoot almost every day LOL

belsie

Thanks guys.........he is looking at the CZ brand 9mm in the $ 600 range, is that a good one??

Jerryl

Tall Chinese Guy
CZ makes good pistols but does he like the feel? Does it fit his hand? Can he securely hold the grip? No one can know but him. YouTube is your friend.

grass doctor

Dream Catcher
Thanks guys.........he is looking at the CZ brand 9mm in the $ 600 range, is that a good one??
they are decent guns ...very reliable from what i have heard ....no experience with ...but if he likes how it feels and or shoots then there ya go ....