Pioneer DEH-P47 Question?

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Does this thing have a lamp dimmer on it?

If so what pin?

Some literature says yes the manual for installation doesn't show it..... o_O

Well I programmed it to be on so I guess one of the pins on the harness should be a lamp dimmer pin.

Anyone know which one?

Gonna check the P77 installation manual maybe that describes it better???

There's only a couple unused wires and I've done a lot of pioneers in my day. There's one or 2 blue remote wires if there 2 one has a white tracer. The reason for 2 was so that one is amp turn on and the other is for the power antenna and will only be on when its on fm. Then they had that damn dfs alarm thing for awhile which was a brown wire for the door switch. Obviously red yellow and black are self explanatory and all 8 speaker wires which would be hard to screw up. Which only leaves one and that's either orange or orange/white tracer and should be labeled illumination/dimmer. Hook that to the dash light port so it gets 12v when the dash lights are on and it should dim the face.

I just realized I typed everything as I thought it out instead of just saying the ORANGE wire lol.
Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

...and then I just realized you'd figure that all out on your own but someone removed the orange wire from your harness. I have a slightly different model at work I can check for you to see if it has an ill wire out the back.

Sorry for the useless book I wrote lol

Not totally useless, but it's a used unit I got with a cheesy harness they gave me.

Lots of the colors were Chinese variations of real colors. :p

It has a few pins empty not used, and I'm now not sure there is a mandarin orange wire.... :D

Gotta find my wiring info. since I'm not pulling it out until I'm sure which pin to use. ;)

One of my blue wires doesn't work I believe it was for the power antenna so I wired that up to IGN power and use my on off switch when I play the radio and can keep it shut off when I test with local stations and don't need it.

I thought one of the blue wires may have been it on my harness.

Luckily it's not a big deal yet. :cool:

Thanks for the help.

The people who designed the programming on that thing should be unemployed, and probably are. :oops:

Once you get used to them, they are tolerable. I've had enough pioneers in my day to memorize all that crap, dad has one in his old car and calls me EVERY time he wants to activate the aux input cause he unhooks the battery for storage. I actually like the amount of equalization they have but the built in amps suck compared to other models. The real reason I have 2 of them is because they look less cheesy in the dash than a standard din unit, one was free out of a trade in and one was cheap outta the JY.

I guess, I can walk 10 steps to my car, pull 1 bezel and 4 screws, and snap a pic of my harness for you. Hold on...

1381107988126.jpg

1381107963548.jpg

Ok the outside 8 are the speakers with the negs above and pos. below. Top row center is yellow straight to batt. Yellow/black tracer to the left of that is cell phone mute (ahhh the good ol' days) and to the right is orange/white tracer that is the dimmer wire.

Bottom row center is red to switched ign with the ground below the cell phone mute wire and the single blue/white remote wire below the ill. wire. Didn't wanna use left/right there cause the pic would confuse you beein upside down n all. I will add that this is a deh p47"dh" model which is probly the same...

Sweet thanks!!!

If I did that for someone I'd break something. :eek::oops:

Nice pics. and description. :cool:

After hooking up my 8" GTI JBL sub. and amp. I'm thinking amp. for the GTI 500's in the concert sound location, not enough oomph now in the Pioneer built in amp. :p

Another astute observation on your part. :D

Well I had to take it apart anyway because the left channel of the aux input was getting flaky and I had to jiggle it a little. And yeah one of the 2 remaining metal clips on the radio bezel decided to play plinko in the dash so I have to wait for it to fall back out somewhere someday. I have 2 spare radio bezels and a couple dash bezels but quite frankly as long as they stay vertical I don't care if they have any clips in them.

Well I got the USB 2100 old school class A/B amp. in with plenty of power to the JBL GTI's in the doors, it sounds GREAT now.

Used a Lanzar 3 way crossover it's small and easy to use since there's only one RCA output from the head unit, and my USB amp. didn't have a high pass crossover only low pass.

I crossed it over at about 70 Hz. to the front speakers and they play LOUD now.

Since I had to rewire my front speakers to the amp.s. new speaker wires I ran front to back I pulled the radio out.

I connected the Illumination wire and it works just fine when programmed ON for dimmer.

Thanks for the help!!! :cool:

It's funny since my aftermarket P.O.S. harness did have a blue wire in that location already but it's supposed to be for ant. control or amp. control no wonder it didn't work for that. :p

Do you know which wire/Pin in that Pioneer harness pic. is for amp. turn on and which is for antenna up/down???

Is there one or two wires for +12 output when the stereo or radio is on?

This model only has one remote wire for amp and/or power antenna. Some have 2 and 1 of those will only work on fm but it appears this model didnt

God I need to stay out of the audio section, I'm getting that itch again...and I have SOOO much stuff already collecting dust on the shelves.....I ordered a ribbon cable for my h/u yesterday....dammit I'm getting sucked in again....

Ok so that explains it, old school stuff is great. :cool:

Gonna source a FACTORY or quality Pioneer replacement harness end for this thing the cheesy one I got with it, (bought used) is crap and the pins fall out which can be dangerous as we know with electronics.

Gotta get me one of those blue connectors and decent gauge wires. :)

Thanks for the help.

Installed the new REAL harness from a good Ebay seller and the wires are much heavier gauge and the pins and connector appear to be much higher quality since they stay in the housing. :eek::rolleyes:

I may fix my IPOD dilemma by installing the AUX adapter I have getting rid of the IPOD control adapter and hitting shuffle on the IPOD manually and I can mount it in reach easier than the buttons on the radio which don't seem to control the IPOD the way I need to. :p

Just a press of the click wheel will advance the song to the next random track which is all I need to do with it. :cool:

Anyone install both the IPOD adapter and the AUX input adapter on the same Pioneer unit?

I believe the IPOD adapter has another Pioneer bus jack on it where you could add the AUX input box to it.

Just wondering...... o_O

It works into the IPOD adapter from the AUX input adapter. :cool:

Just remember when you turn on shuffle SONGS on the IPOD to NOT have repeat on in the same menu. :eek:

It disables the forward button and you can only play the same damm song over and over.... :rolleyes:

I thought I broke the damm click wheel lol, but that only took about 10 minutes to figure out.... :p

Well okay it was about a half hour but I'm Apple retarded excepting for owning their stock. :D

Now I can just start off with shuffle my 800 songs and then hit one button easily on the IPOD sitting in the cupholder near the armrest to advance to the next one, if needed.

It works MUCH better than the Pioneer IPOD controls for me.