Pioneer DEH-P47 and IPOD Controls ???????

salvageV6

Daily Driver
Anyone know how to select random play for playlists on this thing?

Func. 1 appears to be pause control.

Func. 2-4 won't let me select random ON, do I need to disable repeat track or all or something first?

Any links to a description of how it all works or doesn't actually, would be nice...... o_O

Anyone know how to get to song level on the IPOD controls?

Mine scrolls through, Genre, playlist, album, artist.....

If I can get to Songs like you can do on the IPOD itself I bet they would play randomly.

All my songs are grouped into playlists which are basically artists so Audtioslave would have Chris Cornell, Soundgarden etc. all in that one playlist.

If I could randomize the IPOD at Song level it would work fine, randomizing when in playlist just gets me all the songs by the same artist in that list randomized.

Well it took me a year to get songs onto my old IPOD with windows 98, so I guess I may be able to figure it out eventually.... :p

There's nothing in that particular manual for the IPOD controller. :eek::(

I have to dig up that units' operating manual and read it. :)

Yea I use the AUX input adapter now and hit shuffle on the IPOD itself, but that doesn't charge the IPOD like the IPOD controller box did.

There's always a trade-off somewhere..... :p

Okay so today the IPOD was just about dead so I plugged it into the IPOD controller cord to charge it and try to play some music again using the Pioneer deck to control it.

It actually shuffled songs and not playlists this time, go figure. :eek::p

And the right button advanced the songs.

It must have been a setting in the IPOD, or the Pioneer, or alien interference..... :eek:

It's all good. :cool: