PINKS..is it done?

88ZNX

Let loose the Boost!!
SPEED announced that its grassroots drag-racing television show, PINKS All Out, is taking a hiatus from producing new episodes for 2011.

The most recent episode shot at Firebird International Raceway in Phoenix, which premieres in February, represents the 43rd produced since its inception at the Texas Motorplex during Labor Day Weekend of 2006.

“PINKS All Out has been one of the most successful television shows in network history,” said Hunter Nickell, SPEED President. “SPEED would like to thank all the dedicated fans, grassroots racers, track management, the on-air team, Pullin Television and its production crew, SPEED affiliates and all the show’s sponsors over the past four seasons for their support; we couldn’t be more thankful to everyone who’s been associated with the show.

“However, after visiting 34 drag strips in four seasons of production throughout the United States, the network feels the current show model needs further evaluation to determine what new direction we want to take the property,” Nickell added. “The PINKS brand has equity within the drag-racing community, especially at the grassroots level. It’s our hope to continue developing quality grassroots motor sports programming out of what everyone has built with PINKS. It’s a process we are currently undertaking.” [12/20/10]

Get rid of the stupid ARM DROP & the host.

Instead of race cars always, maybe do a few 14 & 13 second street cars time slots for some regular low powered stockers.

I watched the first 4 or 5 episodes and just couldn't deal with him...sux they had such a bad host, great idea

Sent from my DROID2

The 4 wide Zmax race was the best episode I saw. Although, it's pretty much bracket racing- oops he went too fast, the loser wins!

They should get rid of Rich, replace it with the hot chick from the power block from spike tv. Run slower cars more often, heads up pro tree, no going too fast etc. Maybe even do a spec series episode where its SCCA like showroom stock other than tires.

I think that they should emphasize more on true "street" cars, and that means NO race cars, NO tubbed or tube framed cars, must have full interior, full streetable exhaust system, have some valid registrations, and should get to the track under their own power, etc...or with rules close to that...but that's just MY own opinion :redface:...As for Rich, I think he's ok and don't have to complain about him...:wink:

Claude. :)

i liked pinks when it was runig for PINKS lose the race lose ur ride...that was a gud show...this guys who usually run in pinks all out clearly dont need the money to have a 9 sec. 8 sec or even lower car isnt cheap at all so they got to have money...maybe they should run cars that the everyday gear head builds in the garage...that truly will need the 10 k ..
with that said what u guys think about PASS TIME??? i like it better

i liked PassTime better than the Pinks all out......i remember when pinks started, there was a hullaboo when people actually LOST CARS to the winners......IMO, that was the point of Pinks....you make a bet, you put up your car, you risk losing your car, or winning the other guy's car....

out......people actually LOST CARS to the winners......IMO, that was the point of Pinks....you make a bet, you put up your car, you risk losing your car, or winning the other guy's car....

Well, that's the part I didn't like. :frown: Betting some money is ok, but what's the point in handing your car to the winner?...Besides, the winner probably couldn't care less about winning the other guy's car...He already has a faster car built the way he likes, so why bother with another one?...Seems to me that some money would be more welcomed to maintain and upgrade the winner's own race car, no?

Claude. :(

Pinked out

That host was a real whanker, i loved watchn him dump his mothers bike. What really makes that show suck is there was no second place money. Pee Whee! :mad: At least give the second place winner some gas money and change so he can fix his bucket..... That arm dropping baboon looks like he is yelling for a banana... That show does not depict the real form of street racing.. Theres no beer drinking or rowdy fighting like they did at our track even the audiance is lame no boob tubes and cat fights. I got ill to my stomach after seeing one of the clone clowns converting that GN into a v 8 car with a holly carb.. Purely gross.....

Well, that's the part I didn't like. :frown: Betting some money is ok, but what's the point in handing your car to the winner?...Besides, the winner probably couldn't care less about winning the other guy's car...He already has a faster car built the way he likes, so why bother with another one?...Seems to me that some money would be more welcomed to maintain and upgrade the winner's own race car, no?

Claude. :(

well; if thats what ya think, then its JUST ANOTHER BRACKET RACE league sponsored by Speedtv. what made it unique at first was the idea that you're now risking losing your damn car, hence the title "pinks" this came right after The Fast and the Furious movie...where the main characters raced for pink slips.....(as in the car's titles)

I liked the show better after all out was started just cause you could goto the event and it wasnt a million dollars and knew people that were taking cars to it and then getting to see it on tv..Plus it was awesome to see more DRAG RACING on tv instead of other lame azz shows.. and it was something you could relate too and feasible to do yourself.. Dont get me wrong i like nhra and the new adrl coverage...But its cool that regular guys can get a few mins of fame too...

The concept was great. The Host was an idiot that ruined the show.

I think the best episode was one of the first @ Rockingham.
I was involved with that one....with a few friends making it into the "16".
The rest had to many "Race cars" and i had no interest. People want to see cars they drive everyday.... the "Host" was to obsessed with showing race cars.

Geoff

I gotta say, I didn't dislike the host at all.

I like the original Pinks more than pinks all out. I wish they did a better job making sure that when they asked for two high 10 second cars, they didn't end up with one high 11 second car and a 9 second car. The real losers were the guys who showed up with fragile, cobbled together cars then disgraced themselves by asking the other guy to turn off the NOS and give them 20 car lengths because they showed up with a piece of crap.

They don't need to be high dollar cars to make it entertaining, just well built evenly matched cars.

It did seem like the All Out format had pretty much run it's course.

I gotta say, I didn't dislike the host at all.

Me either...What so bad about him?... The guy is not perfect, but no matter who they hire (Rich or anyone else) to do the job, there will always be someone, somewhere to criticize him and post bad comments...Let's not forget one thing: Nothing is easier than to criticize when you're just sitting there on your ass, not accomplishing anything. Those of you who hate him, probably do because he's not running things the way you'd run them, so instead of whining, why not go submit your name to get the job...and see what happens!...:D You just can't please everyone...:rolleyes:
As for myself, I preferred the "All Out" format over the original "lose your car" concept, but that's my personal opinion, "bracket race" or not...:wink:...

Claude. :redface:

To me the problem with the way the show was done early on "Lose your ride" was every show the cars had problems. Or seriously mismatched. Honda vs Turbo Mustang.

The latter(All Out) went too far with race cars. I think if they made it like the NMCA true street, NMRA true street.. where they had street cars.. without race car lettering.. it would appeal to a much larger broad range.

Just seeing cars with gutted interiors and slicks not allowed to win cause they went to fast was lame. :redface:

I hate bracket racing.. thats just me. To see it on TV is worse. :mad: