Pinks All Out in Arizona, Nov 19-20th 2010

I heard from Lee yesterday and there are four Buicks at the event
Don - 8.98@156
Dick K 8.70? and his other car 9.20 (109 block)
Nick M 9.97 at 17 lbs of boost
Jeff

Dick went 8.68 today with the stage car and Donnie went 8,76 @ 156.81!!!!!!

Dick was 2nd alternate for the fast 8.

Got to meet Dick K, Nick M, and a fwe other guys. Great event, and a good showing, even if one of our guys didn't get picked. Didn't hear how they picked the final 32, the speakers on our side didn't work. Don't even know what the ET was... Had a great time, my 9 year old and I got pics and he got his hat signed by Willie B, Craig Millican, Rich Christensen, and the guy I really wanted to meet, Ken Herring. Great time!!!

This car has surprised me again.

1st run - 8.936 @ 156.72
2nd run - 10.263 @ 149.05 Completely blew the tires away on the launch.
3rd run - 9.013 @ 158.69 :eek: Blew away the tires a little less.
4th run - 8.769 @ 156.81 :eek: With some dangerous leaning on the top end. Time for that second fuel pump.

I did a leakdown test before I left for Pinks, and one cylinder checked at over 60%.

Time to freshen the motor.

Wow

I had the best time in long time.
Nick 9.94 @17lbs boost?????????
Dick K small tire car 9.20 ?????????
Dicks big tire car, 8.58 with new driver second run ever in the car!!!!!!!!!!

and Donnie, what can you say? a few self proclaimed experts, keep telling Donnie the combo is all wrong, it'll never run right, etc,etc.
so it runs 8.76 !!!!!!! and MPH 158 !!!!!!!!!
these experts better hope he never stumbles upon the RIGHT combo! :D

Donnies car has serious cyl leakage, at least 3 cyl were better than 20% leakage! one was 40%
and it ran 8.76 and 158 . and puked oil past the rings,
and it was lean!
freshen the motor, more fuel....... I feel 8.50@160 is with in reach!
was a fun meet, good people, good cars, good weather!

Congrats to all the Buick's that participated in Pinks. Donnie a special shout out to you on joining the 8 second club. I know how hard that number is to obtain and especially with a setup that no one has used before.
Jeff

Jeff

your next !
speed world is next week, and its your your turn to join THAT club!

I only saw 4 buicks there as well....kind of disappointed. How did they come up with the final 32 cars?

They picked a group of 32 cars that were very close in their ET's.

From the cars picked, we found the spread to be from 10.30 to 10.36. :(

I did not see enough 8 or 9 sec. cars that could make a 32 car field with that small a spread.

Of course I was disappointed that they did not start at a 10.0 point as my last run was 10.001! :)

Nick

I was impressed with your consistancy, 9.94 to 10.01
who says turbo buicks aren't consistant?

Congrats to all the Buick's that participated in Pinks. Donnie a special shout out to you on joining the 8 second club. I know how hard that number is to obtain and especially with a setup that no one has used before.
Jeff
Thanks, Jeff. Your turn next.

What a fun time.

Think I spun a main on the T-Type the Sat. before the Pinks event, so we took the SRT-4. No way we were not going. That track was very sticky and that little clutch did not like it. It kept slipping until 1/8 mi, but still managed to get it's best mph @ 113, gaining 28mph from 1/8 to 1/4. Still, I wished the Buick was on the trailer instead.

Donnie, nice to meet you. That car is unreal, nicely done. My son talked about it the whole way home. The people next to us could not believe that was a V6. Met Dick K., very nice cars as well. Did not get a chance to meet Nick, but did look over his car, nice. Damn, I am gonna have to have the T in the 9's just to save face w/ the Buick crowd over there next year.
You guys did the Buick community proud.

See ya next time,
Lee

What a fun time.

Think I spun a main on the T-Type the Sat. before the Pinks event, so we took the SRT-4. No way we were not going. That track was very sticky and that little clutch did not like it. It kept slipping until 1/8 mi, but still managed to get it's best mph @ 113, gaining 28mph from 1/8 to 1/4. Still, I wished the Buick was on the trailer instead.

Donnie, nice to meet you. That car is unreal, nicely done. My son talked about it the whole way home. The people next to us could not believe that was a V6. Met Dick K., very nice cars as well. Did not get a chance to meet Nick, but did look over his car, nice. Damn, I am gonna have to have the T in the 9's just to save face w/ the Buick crowd over there next year.
You guys did the Buick community proud.

See ya next time,
Lee
Likewise, Lee. It was very nice to meet you and your son. Shoot me an address and I'll get a photo of the car to your son.

nice picture!

thanks Krom

Attachments

• pnk179.jpg
    pnk179.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 201
another

look who is in the gray shirt in the top left corner?

Attachments

• pnk036.jpg
    pnk036.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 206
last one

Dicks car, Dan Berry driving

Attachments

• pnk031.jpg
    pnk031.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 205
The video is in.
This was the last qualifying run (arm drop start) on Saturday. The car in the other lane tree'd me by 3 tenths.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtGX-u05YX4[/YOUTUBE]