Pinks All Out in Arizona, Nov 19-20th 2010

Alky V6

Let's go racing, boyz!
This is the official Pinks thread for the SW section. If there are any questions, this will be the place to ask.

Turbo Buicks attending;
Me
Quint with Fear. Still up in the air.

Camping wil be allowed Thurs and Fri night and is free both nights.
Thurs night, the camping will be outside the pits in a spectator parking/staging area. Friday morning they'll be parking participants in the pits. They say the amount of pit space should be the same as last time I went. Enough room for two 1 ton trucks and enclosed car trailers. So, room for the racing participant and some room for a few pit crew member's cars, or a motorhome.

If anyone is interested, we have a small caravan leaving early Thurs. morning to head out to Firebird Raceway. Meeting time details still to be finalized. I won't post it unless there is interest.

The wife and I will be heading out sometime on Friday, most likely without the GN... I will be in the Excursion so will have a little spare room if someone runs out of space for a set of tires, jack, or something like that. I can always throw them in. Also, if someone forgets something on Thursday, I can possibly bring it out Friday. I can post my cell # when we get a little closer.

EDIT: I will still bring a gang of tools, jack, fender covers, fluids, gaskets, spare parts, etc whether I run or not. If someone has any ideas on other items to bring, let me know.

not sure when I'm heading out

either thurs or fri,
will bring some tools, air comp, fan.
I have a 15 ft awning on motorhome we can extend out also,
lemme know of anything you need.
Lee

either thurs or fri,
will bring some tools, air comp, fan.
I have a 15 ft awning on motorhome we can extend out also,
lemme know of anything you need.
Lee

don,lee, you guys making it a long weekend and staying out there for the WCN?

don you making it to the WCN this year?

I will return home

from pinks, then load up and head back for WCN on friday,
will bring the car with me, but it won't be ready to race, it'll be running,
but won't meet safety specs. or be set up for hard runs.

^ you beter make it pass. comeone some 10's isnt going to hurt that car :)

whats it need?

If all goes well at Pinks, don't blow up anything, and there's anything left in the budget, I'll try to make WCN. I'll be coming home in between.

needs

all electronics hooked up, ( bailey 2 step, ams 500, trans brake, co2 shifter,)
and finish rear roll bar supports, and rear susp set up.

Errrr

Donnie, I won't be able to make it. I have Squadron Duty Officer on the 20th. Sure was hoping too though. Good luck, that car is diled in! Ray

Cruzn57 lead me to this post, thanks Lee!

Looking forward to meeting you all. I hope there will be a good showing of Buicks.

See ya there,
Lee

Cruzn57 lead me to this post, thanks Lee!

Looking forward to meeting you all. I hope there will be a good showing of Buicks.

See ya there,
Lee

Great, we need all the SW folks we can get! Will be nice to meet you too. You bringing the T? Which day(s) will you be there? some are going for test and tune, others for Saturday runs. Some are camping out well in advance so they can get the good pit spots! :biggrin:

so..................

it sounds like I may need to bring extra water and other un cola's !
looking forward to getting together with friends, should be fun,
and to see an 8 sec GN will be a plus!!!!!!!!!
you listening Donnie? LOL

Donnie, Lee, etc. I have 2 BIG extreme coleman coolers, (the 7 days ones) plus 1 medium size one. I will probably bring/use one of them, but the other two will be hanging on the garage wall if someone wants to borrow them. I can swing it by DRW, or whatever. Let me know if anyone wants to borrow one.

Am I the only one getting stoked about this!?!?!?!? I can't wait!

James

Thanks

I have a cooler I'll bring,
plus a BBQ, that hooks to propane tank,
thought burgers & hot dogs would be eazy yet simple.
friday will be test and tune, then the evening will be open for repair or
socializing,

and NO, your not the only one getting excited,
also excited for West Coast Nats, in PHX following weekend!!!!!!!

I have a cooler I'll bring,
plus a BBQ, that hooks to propane tank,
thought burgers & hot dogs would be eazy yet simple.
friday will be test and tune, then the evening will be open for repair or
socializing,

and NO, your not the only one getting excited,
also excited for West Coast Nats, in PHX following weekend!!!!!!!

lee, im glad i got to test my car over the weekend. car was shifting way early killing performance like crazy. car still ran 11's shifting at 4800 and launching soft.

lee, im glad i got to test my car over the weekend. car was shifting way early killing performance like crazy. car still ran 11's shifting at 4800 and launching soft.

Dayum! You going to Chandler? I want to see this thing run too if it does that well shifting that early...

EDIT: What was the issue, TV cable?