pics

TTA850

Took a TTA out for a 250 mile trip around upstate NY today. I was going to take the hardtop out scince the modifications done by the original owner make it a real blast on the highway, it has some minor suspension mods and 2.77 gears. But the day was too nice and the sky too blue to not have a t-top car so I took out my namesake, #850 :cool:

As a side note, I love driving these cars - there is no greater automotive satisfaction to me than taking one of these out for the day on some nice windy roads and being transported back to the late 80's, a cassette of Ozzy live from back then helps too :)

Sorry the first picture is fuzzy, dont have the greatest camera. These two were taken at a scenic overlook by the NY/NJ state line
DSC01352.jpg

DSC01355.jpg

This is up by the Hawks Nest, RT97 by the Delaware river, the road behind me is a ton of fun in a TTA. Puts both the driver and the car through their paces :D
DSC01371.jpg

And this is just fun, always puts a smile on my face :)
DSC01361.jpg

Nice pics!! I bet that road puts the car and nerves of the drive through its paces haha.

Thanks for sharing,

Jason

Sounds like a great way to soak up some blue sky. So was that Ozzy tape the Randy Rhoads Tribute? That's a good one, I wore that one till the writing on the cassette was and is no longer readable. Had to go to Alpine Mp3 anyway, so now I got every Ozzy album ever on one MP3 cd, except the Brad Gillis effort, he fit better with Night Ranger. Good pics. Now you didn't exceed the posted speed limit did you? I can't imagine that you would ever, ever, ever, ever would do that!:tongue:

Nice pics!! I bet that road puts the car and nerves of the drive through its paces haha.

Oh yeah, good thing about that road is you can get a good look at if there's any cars coming so you know if you need to go through easy or you can grip it and rip it :biggrin:

Sounds like a great way to soak up some blue sky. So was that Ozzy tape the Randy Rhoads Tribute? That's a good one, I wore that one till the writing on the cassette was and is no longer readable. Had to go to Alpine Mp3 anyway, so now I got every Ozzy album ever on one MP3 cd, except the Brad Gillis effort, he fit better with Night Ranger.

The Tribute album is a good one but the one I have in the car is Speak of the Devil and was actually in the tape deck when I bought the car some 7 years ago and hasnt left the deck scince :cool: I gotta pick up an mp3 player for my GTA, to have every album on one cd is great. When I went to buy my hardtop from Nevada I took an mp3 player and cassette adapter with me for the ride home, it was great to have so much music on only a few cd's.

Nice pics! I have to agree 100%. The TTA's are a fun car to drive on almost any type of road. I love to have that car out. I always tell people... The turbo six is at home in a TTA. One thing is for sure.. every time I turn the radio on it reminds me of how crappy the stock sound systems were in the late 80's!! :D

Steve,
Nice photos. Lets hook up one of these sunday mornings. I already have seen 2 or 3 other TTA's down at the beach. Bring that hardtop out and see if any of the guys down there know how rare it really is :)

Talk to you later.

ps, got the high fuel pressure problem worked out on my car. Didn't have time to get into it so gave it to a local guy with alot of GN experience. He actually seems to have found the fuel lines on the tank were reversed??? He thinks maybe someone did it while putting in a bigger pump? Looks like the car has blue injectors also? Somehow that caused the really high pressure and loading up. Saved alot over having to drop the tank. then again, he also said it looks like the oil pan is leaking BAD and needs to be done ASAP. So bad you cannot drive it without oil dripping on the exhaust manifold and smoking from under the car :-(

John, glad to hear you got the problem fixed and like I said if ya want a hand just let me know. I was at the beach last two weeks, weather wasnt the greatest but still decent turnout. Ran into Jim(southbaysurfer)two weeks ago, real nice guy :) The three of us should get together.

I think I was checking out your car two weeks ago when you met Jim. I think you were parked in the first row where the cars pulled in? Did you have your leather car with 24K miles? I met up with Jim also that day. I didn't make it last week but let me know if your making it this week (weather pending) and I'll take a TTA.

Jim is a great guy! He visits me at the dealership every once in a while and recently picked up some spoilers for me in CT.

Talk to you soon

Hi guys,
Computer was down all week, so I missed this conversation. I think the leather car you saw belonged to a new owner from
massapequa, Mario(spiketta on the other website). I missed the last 2 Sundays, and weather doesn't look too good for this weekend. Maybe we can get 4 cars together one of these days.