Pics of my tow vehicle. Cause I could.

boostingbuick

Going to be buried in this.
More peolpe come and talk to me about the fact I use an ex-police car than what I am towing. Oh well.

Attachments

• gnpics 001.jpg
    gnpics 001.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 469
It tows great. Full weight car, and heavy trailer. I got a class 4 hitch and load leveling spring bar for the trailer. I have had it at 70 and tows like a pick up. Solid steering and brakes very well. I will never own a pick up again. Put a 3.73 gear in it and it flys when there's no trailer. Just put a good radiator in it and :biggrin: . Plus I pass a cop going the other way going way too fast and never look twice. I am hooked for life. :eek: I love my Buick in all, and could never call my cop car fast, but's a ball.

About 18 miles. If your are wondering why I'm towing it, it's for the picture. But yes, when I go to Bowling Green this is what I'm using.

Apparently most of you don't remember the old days when it was unusual to see a wagon or passenger car towing a car to the track..

Impalas, Caprices, Montegos, Newports, etc.

Cool rig!

COOL combo.

Tell me this, when driving on the highway, does everybody bunch up behind you and not want to pass with the GN in tow too??? :tongue:

ElectraJim

No. But it does suck when your trying to go fast ( without trailer ) and everyone is doing the speed limit.:mad: But other wise I love driving the thing. I find myself putting my buick money in this thing. Its a blast to drive.

That is real balls-e. My buddy did that with his Mustang and rolled the car on a turn and totalled everything. You need the wind resistance from the tow vechile to sheild the car when towing on the highways. I am sure you would be fine on the roads, but I definately would not want to try that on the highway. The weight should be balanced properly from front to back. Not a good thing when the back is much heavier thean the front. Be extremely carefull, because if you ever catch a rot with that, its gonna be all over but the crying. I almost lost my Dad's car off our trailor back in 96 going to a Precsion test and tune day and that was in a 96Explorer.

Apparently most of you don't remember the old days when it was unusual to see a wagon or passenger car towing a car to the track..

Impalas, Caprices, Montegos, Newports, etc.

Cool rig!

I had a class IV on my impy. Towed my 1/2 ton 12 miles when the tranny went out. Never had a desire to tow anything semi large with it again. It's just to hard to see around the load in a car compared to a truck.

The car has a 4 link in it with a watts link. It has 12 inch front and rear rotors. I put a gear in it to help with the load, trans and engine cooler. And I put a large rad in it. And I use a Class 4 hitch with a 8000 lbs of weight distribution bars on it. I have been happy with the way it pulls a trailer. I will pay more attention although. Thanks.