PICS OF MY NEW BILLET JOURNAL 6262 TURBO......

313badbuick

A V6!!!!
By the way of Brian AKA Bison! Again THANKS BRO!!!!
BILLET JOURNAL 6262.jpg
BILLET JOURNAL 6262   PIC 2.jpg
BILLET JOURNAL 6262   PIC 3.jpg

Sweeetttt.. im getting closer and closer to calling him :D I just dont want to do a trans afterwards loo

Awesome turbo...I have the 6262 BB one with 10" 2800 LU converter. There is no lag that I can tell, instant spool on demand will spin the tire at any speed.

Love my stock appearing version :)

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Why do you want a billet wheel? What are the actual merits of using a billet material versus a cast one? What aids in the increase of efficiency of a billet wheel?

Just some questions to ponder to get people's minds going a little bit. Lots of buzzwords in here, might as well add some content.

I know bison knows, but do you?

Friendly engineering post!

Here's another one: (one I don't actually have any answers for, but only speculations)

Why do some turbochargers use many longer vanes (similar to Bison's MFS 62 wheel with 12 full depth vanes) versus the 6262 which uses 6 long vanes and then 6 more splitter vanes?

What affect does this have on the compressor map and the overall efficiency of the turbo?

(my supposition is that it extends the choke region of the turbocharger and shifts the curve to the right, due to less material presence at the eye of the compressor. Though I am unsure of the use of the splitter vane, possibly to reduce some of the bending moment forces acting upon the larger vanes, allowing for higher pressure ratio capability and/or speed?)

Why do you want a billet wheel? What are the actual merits of using a billet material versus a cast one? What aids in the increase of efficiency of a billet wheel?

Just some questions to ponder to get people's minds going a little bit. Lots of buzzwords in here, might as well add some content.

I know bison knows, but do you?

Friendly engineering post!

FWIW in my case with the stock appearing housing I was going to go with having Bison modify the te45a to fit (TA-66?). The 62mm mfs compressor wheel (along with the stage v turbine) was much lighter and will flow just about as much as what I was looking at doing.

At 23# the seat-o-the-pants dyno says it seems just as quick as the 45a and spools quicker.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I totally understand why you are running the turbo for your combo.

You are doing well with the aspect of it being lighter, keep going with that. What else can a billet material offer?

I totally understand why you are running the turbo for your combo.

You are doing well with the aspect of it being lighter, keep going with that. What else can a billet material offer?

Stronger material that's more machinable with more blade surface area which equates to higher mass flow with less drive energy and lower backpressure. Which means more ability to support more power with less. Not that it will make more power but comparatively it could support more than a cast wheel of similar dimensions.

There we go! It also allows the use of that scalloped machined surface, which is apparently condusive to a smaller boundary layer and higher flow potential. The strength of the material makes it less susceptible to creep failure, and allows the blade roots to be smaller and thus allow more open area for flow.

What do you think about the full and half length blades Bison?

There we go! It also allows the use of that scalloped machined surface, which is apparently condusive to a smaller boundary layer and higher flow potential. The strength of the material makes it less susceptible to creep failure, and allows the blade roots to be smaller and thus allow more open area for flow.

What do you think about the full and half length blades Bison?

They both have their place. Garrett has the nastiest full bladed stuff ive seen. Very fast spooling and efficiency stays very high across a wide mass flow range. $$$$$$$$. To bad its not taken advantage of here.