Pics of a GNX we re-created

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice shop, very nice recreation. Having a GNX, and sold it I can appreciate both sides of the "023 dash plate" debate. If I had the real 023, and your clone sold, my fear is it'd end up at BJ selling as the one (because lets face it, they don't get it right all the time) w/ a book, jacket and other things that are accessible, and watch it sell for $80K+. When that happens, it will help all GNXs, but the real 023. Now it will be scrutinized like no other, and will be the " * " in the registry.
I completely see why it was done and get what Brett as well as Otto have said and appreciate their willingness to make a gray area in many peoples mind dicipate, and Brett, no one is whining...if I felt an $80+K investment of mine was threatened, I wouldn't simply make a post, nor would most people. This owner has been more than cordial ina sensitive subject.

props to all, repect to all, and since its a clone...where are the burn out pics again?!!!!!!

even better, would help bring him one step closer to getting his clone complete. nice car by the way very nicely done.

gnx clone

This car is up for sale if anybody is interested let me know. It has all gnx components except the turbo i am offering it here before e bay did not list a price because this is not the for sale section. Also before sale 023 will be removed from the dash and replaced with the oe gn badge.

Kash - that's a beautiful car... I need to stop by so you guys can do the rear spring shackle on my F350... Only been carting it around since February when I was originally planning to come ove. :rolleyes:

023???

I agree with GNX 023. If you were to clone a gnx and were going to number it any of the GNX 001- GNX 547 have some respect to ask the real owner if you can clone their car. Number the car something like 548.

But it is an great clone.

# plates

I agree with GNX 023. If you were to clone a gnx and were going to number it any of the GNX 001- GNX 547 have some respect to ask the real owner if you can clone their car. Number the car something like 548.

Not that easy to just make a #548 number plate. If the owner of 023 is really that mad just sell him that plate and I will sell you another number plate. I have about 30 of the NOS plates left. I am sure he will buy that plate, as if there was 485 and 233 floating around I would pay whatever it was to get them out of circulation;) . PM me if you are intrested in another number. Thanks

Are you for real? He cloned a GNX. Not GNX 023. That was the plate he happened to have available to him at a time he needed it. He didnt zero in on 023. That plate means dick anyway since it doesnt make it a real GNX. If it were that critical GM would have never made any other plates besides what was installed on the cars. So go out and have a GNX 548 plate made and swap him out. Then you can sell the 023 plate to the actual owner of GNX 023.

gnx clone

Car is up for sale taking offers pm me if interested car has 80k original miles thanks

Too bad, thought that would have been a keeper. Sell it to Brett so he actually has something to drive! :smile: :smile:

Is that a real GNX? Naaah just a regular GN! =)

If i had a "Real deal Hollyfield" GNX i'd still tell people it's a clone. :p

If i had this clone i'd debadge her, put the GN emblem on the decklid and the regular buick emblem on the grill and call it a day! (The dash would have the GN plate also)

When too many people know your business it's never a good thing...:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.