Picked up another T-type

Thanks for the compliments guys, much appreciated. Make no mistake, this car is a work in progress. I didn't buy it because it was mint. I bought it to be a project. It needed lots of work, and still does. Slowly I am chipping away at the bucket list for this car. Unlike the white car, performance is the last thing on my mind. My plan with this car is to keep it stock and try my best to clean it up.Then when I have taken it as far as I can, it's going to be up on the chopping block. Hopefuly to someone who can continue what I started.

Thanks for the compliments guys, much appreciated. Make no mistake, this car is a work in progress. I didn't buy it because it was mint. I bought it to be a project. It needed lots of work, and still does. Slowly I am chipping away at the bucket list for this car. Unlike the white car, performance is the last thing on my mind. My plan with this car is to keep it stock and try my best to clean it up.Then when I have taken it as far as I can, it's going to be up on the chopping block. Hopefuly to someone who can continue what I started.

My goodness, that car is beautiful Mike. You have outdone yourself. Having seen the White T personally you guys cannot even imagine how stunning it is and man the sound coming out of that thing is out of this world! Unless I am mistaken, the headlight bezels you put on the burgundy car from Brutus are still droopy, if you need an NOS pair for Brutus come by - I'm pretty sure I only have one pair left - just pay what you think their worth.

Take care,

Ravi

Thanks Ravi, I bought a new set of bezels years ago for Brutus, the set I put on this car was just hanging around in my storage of many parts.

Had some time to address the fuel system with new Walbro intank pump from Racetronix and also a new fuel filter.
Markham-20120926-00410.jpg

While I'm at it. Might as well scrape clean and paint the ass end while the tank is down.
IMG-20120930-00414.jpg

IMG-20120930-00416.jpg

IMG-20120930-00413.jpg

Thought I would update this thread since I have had the erge to do some more work to the car. I realized when I pulled down the motor to detail and paint it, that the rad was suspect although it never leaked or overheated. I guess it was just a matter of time. So I pulled the old one out and put in a re-cored 3 core rad in its place. The new rad is much heavier then the old one, probably a 10pound difference.

Old stock rad

IMG_00000176_zps2de885c3.jpg

Newer 3 core rad

IMG_00000175_zpse0fa9f31.jpg

While I was at it I decided to use a tranny cooler I had kicking around. Got new fittings and hoses from my buddy Jack at Racetronix.

5ad36d11-4afc-4904-8e6d-b1b58cad1945_zpsd2390792.jpg

Glass beaded and re painted my upper rad support cover matte black with the Duplicolor trim paint. I didn't like it silver, wanted a more factory look.

IMG_00000187_zpsde4c01a8.jpg

Replaced the lower window trim with the cleaner better one from my white T-type because I got a new OEM one. Top one came off my white T-type and went on the burgundy one, and the bottom one was the original one on the burgundy T-type.

IMG_00000181_zps66886f5e.jpg

Installed

IMG_00000193_zps2331b70f.jpg

IMG_00000200_zpscb6eecb8.jpg

Last thing I did was change the back tires out. Didn't like the Hot Rod look with the 60 series tires, so I got some 265/50/15 for a more
classier look. IMO it looks 10x better this way, and also gives the car more snap with the smaller height diameter.

IMG_00000195_zps04137c0a.jpg

IMG_00000198_zps410e0d86.jpg

IMG_00000202_zps33624562.jpg

I bought it off of another board member "1KWIKSIX" in the Toronto area, he said it was re-cored by Clements Radiator.

Wow, great looking car. Nice to see another maroon car :). Actually went through almost the same process through out the last year. Here's my build thread.

After putting on the back tires I see more of the inner wheels wells. They are just ugly looking. So I got some cleaner and my metal brush and cleaned it up as best I could, then shot them with some fresh black undercoat to give the inner wheel well a fresh clean look, then used some high temp black paint and painted the drums black. What an improvement this makes from a appearance stand point.

Tools

22da31ac-3302-4cb5-8ced-7f2d389f847d_zpsee79725a.jpg

Before:

Drivers side

IMG_00000226_zps70843aaa.jpg

Passenger side

IMG_00000221_zps8ff77e20.jpg

This just shows the final shot after spraying, not the final look. The inner wheel wells are not glossy black when it dries. It's a nice clean matte finish that looks more factory.

IMG_00000225_zps26300fe2.jpg

When that was done I took out the micro fiber cloth and started cleaning up the car. Then high speed buffed it, and detailed it. Here are some pics completed.

IMG_00000232_zps005b5e49.jpg

IMG_00000235_zps518c2669.jpg

IMG_00000230_zpsedadc1ed.jpg

If you dont mind me asking..........How much did you buy the car for?

Its Beautiful!

If I wasn't going to sell the car I would disclose that. But this in actual fact is the thread I will be linking to potential buyers to see the progress, money and time invested in getting this car where it is today. It's definitely not a money maker, but in the end if I don't break even. I keep it and sell my daily driver.

Ohh alright.

Yeah i was just wondering because i see one all the time and have been wanting to make an offer but dont know how much.

You did a great job with this car. Something to be said about having an all stock restored turbo Buick. May not be the fastest thing on the street, but any real car guy can appreciate the time and effort it took to get it back to this condition. I may even consider removing the tint. Well done.

The last big job to attack is the floor. The driverside foot area was rusted through so I bought a complete floor pan out of another Buick. Out comes the interior........

drivers foot area

Driverside rear foot area

Complete shot of both

Picked the car up last night. I am very impressed with their workmanship on this. The way they stitched this in, you couldn't even tell they cut into it. Have a look.

The floor I got had a bench seat so they had to weld back in the mounts for the seat