Picked up a 86 in need of Some TLC

Nice save on the T! My GN was originally a RI car but luckily the iron oxide monster was kept largely at bay.
Man I tell You I've know this a northern car when I first layed eyes on it... I guess I was sucked in by the astrorooof, the color, the trim package , and the fact that I'm addicted to these cars...

Nice car you scored there ! I wish mine had that color interior . Looks about the same as the 87 I picked up a few months back. I need 2 doors , a couple of patches in front of the rear wheels. Mine is very solid underneath . I also need a shifter cable. :( I did the vacuum brake conversion today, the powercrapster was acting up. & I must say it was not to bad to do and it works like a charm.

Last edited:
Cool save! How's it running?

It runs decent for the most part.. I fixed a few vacuum leaks, changed the plugs and wires, Switched the older chip out for a newer TT chip and installed a new driver side exhaust manifold gasket in a attempt to fix a exhaust leak.(turned out to be a cracked exhaust manifold). It has a little miss but is coming along. I may try a different spark plug. I hope to replace all the vacuum lines and weld the exhaust manifold some time soon..

image.jpg

Have I ever told You guys how much I hate working on drum brakes... Sorry hate is a bad word.. I really dislike overhauling drum brakes. There.. Much better...

image.jpg