Personal 1987 White Turbo-T Hardtop

Dennis Kirban

If you get our weekly Inner Circle you saw all the info concerning our personal Turbo-T we are putting up for sale. This would be our 4th test car. Purchased December 2005 with about 77,000 miles on it now almost 13 years later it reads 83,000.

Car is well known among Turbo owners in my immediate area. It is a hardtop never run hard. Body is as close to perfect as you will find still has 100% original white paint. Nobody has figured out how to duplicate original paint.....

Low options means less issues plus less weight translation quicker car. By less options this car has crank windows and chrome mirrors. Aluminum brake drums aluminum bumper supports that you can polish they are that nice. Aluminum driveshaft and hollow front sway bar. Front and rear seat braces installed, Bilstein shocks rides on Kirban style GNX 16 by 8 wheels with like new Firestone tires.

The GNX style wheels really set this car off being its white. Also the car has the rare GNX rear end cover that RC made years ago for regular rears. Car has been completely tuned when I bought it. Also has a larger rear sway bar. Every factory decal VIN label is on this car.

Exhaust all original only muffler has been changed. Transmission totally rebuilt shifts nice and crisp. Fuel has always been 93 mixed with 100 proof. Garaged nite & day. Has tan interior that is mint pleats on door panels perfect new headliner, visors and steering wheel.

Trunk ID label signed by Molly, all 5 glove box booklets original window sticker even original payment papers from original owner. Never smoked in. Bumpers don't even have rain marks on them. Every exterior emblem and rear taillite lenses are brand new.

Still has factory original intercooler hoses perfect original hood pad new AC Delco correct battery.
Flaws/issues it has a few small drip from rear main, boost gauge bounces around am radio don't work and I never used the AC so no idea if that works but its all original and hooked up. I did have a working factory CD player in the car so I know all the speakers are good its the radio that is dead.

Weather strips perfect spare and jack never seen the pavement. Car has never ever been undercoated and it is not rusty! Silver gas tank white floor pans amazing...

Hollow front sway bar, fuel feeder kit and our adjustable fuel regulator otherwise under the hood is all stock untouched no wires cut anywhere. Dash lites has our LEDs has our headlite upgrade.

Jason from Canada has driven this car at every Open House and can attest it is a super tight quick running example.

Car needs a new home a shame to see it sit so much. The car is show worthy the way it sits will it win? Depends on the competition.

Original fillers are showing their age so the buyer will get a discount to buy new fillers.

Before you compare to others compare apples to apples. Good color, hardtop, original paint, never undercoated, zero rust. Signed by Molly and to some degree fact it is my personal car should hold some value also.

The price tag takes something around $23,900 to buy it. Don't want to be accused of selling it too cheap like I have with some of the parts original and used parts we sell every week. Parts we seem to always get, finding a car such as this one is not for sale every week.

Granted GNs bring the big money but white in a Turbo-T is a desirable color based on what we sold years ago.

We are open to partial trades for even a regular cars as I hold a salesman license with a dealership. Even more than one car. Another muscle car whatever. Don't hurt to ask.

Again looking for close to $23,900 US funds partial trades considered.

Email me direct denniskirban@yahoo.com

I can email you photos if need be.

Here's one from back in 2014 at the open house.

KirbanT.jpg

This shouldn't last long..
GN's are everywhere .. a nice original paint Turbo-T .. good luck
Finding one.. very nice car.. GLWS

I saw this car a few years ago Kirbans open house... Very very nice example... The new owner will not be disappointed by any means...Mike

kirban update

I appreciate all the nice words car virtually looks no different than 2014 just odometer reads probably 500 miles more I lack the skills to post photos however if interested parties email me personally denniskirban@yahoo.com I can email you photos

I did send photos to buddy to post but he has not done it as of yet.

Keep in mind in my description I am sure I forgot a few other neat things on this car even minor ones like the flip down license plate bracket all new door sill plates and AC vents as I did state interior is a 10.

For the uniformed I have sold over 325 of these cars back in the 90s so logic would dictate if I kept this one it must have been that nice originally from 2005. I am open to trades not limited to Turbo cars and not limited to just one car on a trade muscle car or regular car since I have a license

It wold be tough to buy car that is cheaper and spend the money and equal what this car is 3 things are tough to duplicate 30 years later....100% original paint, zero rust never undercoated, and Mollys signature. Those 3 factors would be hard to check off on another purchase.

Other factors Kirban style GNX wheels extremely hard to find. GNX rear end cover for a non GNX suspension... chrome mirrors all contribute to just how unusual this car is.

Car needs a new home and someone to enjoy it

kirban update

I appreciate all the nice words car virtually looks no different than 2014 just odometer reads probably 500 miles more I lack the skills to post photos however if interested parties email me personally denniskirban@yahoo.com I can email you photos

I did send photos to buddy to post but he has not done it as of yet.

Keep in mind in my description I am sure I forgot a few other neat things on this car even minor ones like the flip down license plate bracket all new door sill plates and AC vents as I did state interior is a 10.

For the uniformed I have sold over 325 of these cars back in the 90s so logic would dictate if I kept this one it must have been that nice originally from 2005. I am open to trades not limited to Turbo cars and not limited to just one car on a trade muscle car or regular car since I have a license

It wold be tough to buy car that is cheaper and spend the money and equal what this car is 3 things are tough to duplicate 30 years later....100% original paint, zero rust never undercoated, and Mollys signature. Those 3 factors would be hard to check off on another purchase.

Other factors Kirban style GNX wheels extremely hard to find. GNX rear end cover for a non GNX suspension... chrome mirrors all contribute to just how unusual this car is.

Car needs a new home and someone to enjoy it

Do all the original wheels and parts come with it ... ??

to be honest I think your selling this car a bit on the lower side ... CANT be many of these cars left in this shape .. miles don't mean anything .. car looks just TITS
I have a good friend of mine that bought a white 87 identical to this one but no chrome mirrors and his is a WO2 T-top car with all original paint ...

Damn what a nice car ... let me sell one of my limiteds and I'd be all over this car ...

Last edited:
Nice car Dennis. The white/tan interior has to be a bit rare too. Ive only seen one white tr with tan interior but it had T-tops. Someone is going to get a neat car. Love the chrome mirrors.

kirban update

I appreciate the nice words....no I sold the originals when I got lucky and found a brand new set of my kirban style GNX wheels member kirban style is based on the Americian Racing wheel that we had gotten made years ago smoother glossy black spokes and takes a very small center cap. T wheels never impressed me nor did they make the car stand out plus impossible to keep like new and redone never look exactly like factory plus car rides 100% better again all this is my opinion.

I betcha this though a buyer could easily sell my kirban style gnx wheels and have his choice of buyers wanting to trade for a set of the original T wheels. T wheels are worth no where near what these wheels are worth today.

Plus they certainly don't hurt the value. Every decal vin sticker is exactly where it is supposed to be firewall is white hood pad is perfect no mice damage (5 cats are on constant watch in the heated building.

Car is getting some interest but nothing concrete yet. Need to find that person seeking a rare example of a hardtop Turbo-T with the funds and understanding spouse.

Car has brand new tail lite lenses both of them price them lately? Probably close to a grand alone. All new emblems as well. Original mint weatherstrips never been replaced. Even found few years back a brand new tan steering wheel on a GTO forum of all places. Original was nice but new leather has a different feel.

kirban update

I appreciate the nice words....no I sold the originals when I got lucky and found a brand new set of my kirban style GNX wheels member kirban style is based on the Americian Racing wheel that we had gotten made years ago smoother glossy black spokes and takes a very small center cap. T wheels never impressed me nor did they make the car stand out plus impossible to keep like new and redone never look exactly like factory plus car rides 100% better again all this is my opinion.

I betcha this though a buyer could easily sell my kirban style gnx wheels and have his choice of buyers wanting to trade for a set of the original T wheels. T wheels are worth no where near what these wheels are worth today.

Plus they certainly don't hurt the value. Every decal vin sticker is exactly where it is supposed to be firewall is white hood pad is perfect no mice damage (5 cats are on constant watch in the heated building.

Car is getting some interest but nothing concrete yet. Need to find that person seeking a rare example of a hardtop Turbo-T with the funds and understanding spouse.

Car has brand new tail lite lenses both of them price them lately? Probably close to a grand alone. All new emblems as well. Original mint weatherstrips never been replaced. Even found few years back a brand new tan steering wheel on a GTO forum of all places. Original was nice but new leather has a different feel.

Ditch the GNX wheels and find some originals and LETS TALK !!!

Ditch the GNX wheels and find some originals and LETS TALK !!!

I would work with you as I would definately buy my GNX wheels back or if you buy the car bring tires and wheels and we can work out a deduction deal. Finding T wheels shouldn't be a huge stumbling block......finding a car with 100% original paint would be a huge stumbling block

we sell the T center caps so I could throw them in the deal...

bring four steel wheels with tires and I got the skill to remove the GNX wheels and tires but I don;t wanna be hunting down T wheels best you find them and work a deal on set you want. They are around....anyone reading this probably agrees finding t wheels is far far easier than finding kirban style 16 by 8 wheels.

I got wiggle room.

not sure who you are just says well known

ball is in your court....

kirban update

Just uncovered the car in my pole building to make sure it still runs started rite up and because few people wanted to know the AC does work its quite and blows cold I was not sure since I never ever used the air in the car all the AC stuff is factory original. Hood pad is the 9 hole and is perfect powermaster unit never been touched has GM brake bowl heater water valve factory GM still has the tube to the turbo no bypass filter factory oil cap under the hood is all original minus adjustable fuel regulator and my kirban plug wires. everything else is dead on 1987.

Cataltyic converter is still intact. Its a sweet car from any angle has the factory 85 dash no extra holes anywhere in the dash. Pleats on the door panels are perfect. car has had meticulous care from day one otherwise tan interior would be dirty!

I took more photos today of the engine compartment which I can email interested parties come Monday once my wife downloads them.

Talk about coincidences I just read the info on the 29,000 mile Turbo-T turns out that was one of my cars back in 2002 when I was younger.
So, readers basically you got a choice of between 2 extremely fine examples with the kirban name behind both of them. Ironic?

I am not going to say that my personal one is superior to the low mileage as that would be foolish of me. But potential buyers have a dilemma trying to choose!

Can we get some pics posted here??????

I emailed my friend a few days go no idea why he did not post photos. if you email me denniskirban@yahoo.com I can email them to you for you to post for me. I lack the skill to do it.

Or anyone reading this emails me and does me the favor...8 photos did appear last week in my free inner circle if you go to kirbanperformance.com pull up last weeks inner circle.

pictures I can't dpost....putting the spare and jack back in the trunk of a turbo regal I can probably do.....changing spark plugs....not as skilled. knowing where they are located that I can do. knowing a nice original turbo car that I can do....

kirban update

JM has emailed me and I sent him the 8 photos I do have for him to post here. I appreciate JM for doing this. I will have other pictures Monday mostly under the hood. I understand the need to see photos but even from the few that get posted here remember I could have choosen from many many turbo cars this one I kept as I did #3 before it and #2 before it #1 was new so that don;t count....

I even had one customer over the course of probably 5 years buy 3 of my personal cars regular cars cause he knew they had the best care. Even when I shop for a regular car its a long process.

Granted rite now you got several really nice choices for Ts on this forum including a blue one which was same color as #3 test car that has been totally redone. That car #3 had over 150,000 miles on it....again no rust....rust is the killer everything else can easily be overcome its the rust that becomes an unknown cost factor plus your mechanic will thank you if you buy a non rusty car....

kirban update

special thanz to JM for posting these photos for me. the ones with the cover half on the car are real current as car sits in back of my bldg covered up to protect it fromt he 5 cats that patrol the area for rodents. The one in front of the bldg was from our 20th Open House deal with Molly in attendance we actually did a full course dinner at a country club that was a huge event had I think 9 real GNXs in attendance including number 547.

Funny part is when we lined up the country club they said they did weddings and such never did one for a car club and we had to guarantee the number of meals up front. In order to secure the Sat date. (I kept my fingers crossed) we nailed the count weather was picture perfect.
You can see the bilstein shocks in the photo the rare GNX rear end cover car has metco aluminum lower trailering arms and aluminum driveshaft (not visible).

Body and paint is as close to perfect as you will find nothing more than stone chips.

White is a very popular color granted a blackout package may rate higher but chrome is nice when chrome is still in nice brite condition.

again thanz to JM...as my computer skills are limited....

No problem. Beautiful car! I was originally seeking a white one. Ended up with a black one. Think the interior is the same color though.