PCV and vacuum line relocation?

mtocrs1

Mtocrs1
Is there any harm in putting a block off plate where the vacuum block goes and connecting all vacuum lines and PCV system to the back of the intake manifold? I will drill and tap a few holes. I want to do this to run a 1" intake spacer without rubbing the hood liner.
Thoughts?

tap the spacer for the hard lines looks pretty cool too. i have pictures but on my other computer that's down at the moment.

If anyone has pics of all this tapping I would like to see??? :D.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

That's how mine is, I don't have pics of the back but this is what it looks like from the front :)

ImageUploadedByTurboBuick Mobile1374866777.440729.jpg

Very nice if you come across more pics I would like to see... I had no idea we could do these kind of things to theses cars..

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374957069.045410.jpg

My handy work today.
From left to right:
Vacuum brake booster
Boost gauge
PCV
The rest will end up in the spacer.
I ground out the EGR tower as well.
Anyone just use epoxy to fill the egr hole?

View attachment 195854
My handy work today.
From left to right:
Vacuum brake booster
Boost gauge
PCV
The rest will end up in the spacer.
I ground out the EGR tower as well.
Anyone just use epoxy to fill the egr hole?
My egr tower is filled with what looks to be epoxy. Seems fine

It's been done. Why do you want to run a spacer? I don't see the point.

I do not have "hard" data, but logic and use seems to show better air flow on a modified GN. :)

If you visualize the plenum as a "reservoir" for air, the greater volume is more able to supply air to a given cylinder when the intake valve is opened.

With 9 sec. and faster cars, we can run less boost since there is more air available and the IAT is less with not as much restriction.

I have seen GN's with a Hemco or Precision plenum pick up a little HP because the cooler intake air will allow more boost.

I'm out of town and can't look at my vac block right now.....

Is every port on that block refrenced to manifold vacuum? I was thinking one or two of them were relative to the front of the throttle blade... Much like 'ported .vs non-ported' on carberatored applications.