Parts recommendatons repro. wheels tires & exhaust

samgauto

Hello all,

I've been in the forum for a few years and finally purchasing a low mileage GNX. I am looking to see what members recommend for reproduction wheels, tires and exhaust. Looking to keep car as stock as possible with NOS parts or closest to factory looking parts as I can get.
---For wheels, I do see that the parts-place site seems to have the correct GNX offset front and rear wheels available and several sites have OEM looking center caps.
---Looks like the Goodyear tires are no longer available. The only thing I can find in the 2 sizes is the BF Goodrich G-Force Sport Comp2.
---As far as replacement of compromised exhaust parts, does anyone know of any NOS parts around or exhaust parts that look very similar match to the OEM exhaust?

Thank you.

I also see a full GNX system by Richard Clark on GBodyparts site. So I presume this is what others end up using, and the above wheels and tires I mentioned. Please reply if any other ideas. Thanks again to all members.

gnx wheels only belong on a gnx ... dont be a poser :LOL:
Car is an actual GNX as verified last week by Xray and is arriving Tuesday.
:p:oops:

Bitch slap.jpg

Car is an actual GNX as verified last week by Xray and is arriving Tuesday.
I was just teasing you ...congrats!! Xray is a very nice guy GL with your wheel search .. I would listen to his recommendations

Go to Walker muflers web site, look up 1987 olds cutles 5.0 305 (442) you can buy any part that you need for your exhaust system. It's the same system that buick used for the GNX....also gbodyparts has a correct gnx exhaust system

Parts place wheels are dimpled not correct. I have some true gnx offset replicas ,non dimpled spokes. You can't tell the difference with everything included gnx caps lugs etc, but no tires. I have sold several of these to true gnx owners that wanted to store away the valuable originals. Thanks
52391d1349655290-gnx-wheels-sale-16x8-gnx-wheels-two-004.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

Parts place wheels are dimpled not correct. I have some true gnx offset replicas ,non dimpled spokes. You can't tell the difference with everything included gnx caps lugs etc, but no tires. I have sold several of these to true gnx owners that wanted to store away the valuable originals. Thanks
View attachment 349393

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
I didn't know there was a difference. Definitely interested in purchasing if you want to part with them.

Go to Walker muflers web site, look up 1987 olds cutles 5.0 305 (442) you can buy any part that you need for your exhaust system. It's the same system that buick used for the GNX....also gbodyparts has a correct gnx exhaust system
I have seen that it's 442 exhaust with rushed muffler corners. I used to install walker at my dad's shop. Didn't know they still made stuff for this old an application. I will check that out but still hesitate to make any changes to the car. But it does need some exhaust work. Rotted at seams