parts questions

COOPER12

What is everyone running for brakes.? any aftermarket brake kits for 14" ?

also does anyone know if energy suspension does a complete bushing kit? it looks like a few of the bushings overlap in there kits.
or is there any other complete kits anyone uses?

You're going to use 14" wheels your screwed. The only thing that will fit is the stock ones front and rear.

As far as bushings go, are you looking for front and rear or???

Get a pair of Speedway motor upper arms and you can get a greaseable steel bushing for the lowers. This allows the front to move freely and ride better. On the back go 50/50. Lowers get a heim type joint with boxed lowers and them rubber in the uppers. This reduces bind and lets the suspension do it's job better. Poly suspension bushings can cause a rough ride as well as squeak. Poly on the body, but some prefer rubber.

thanks. I like the look of the stock t type rims but will probably go a different route . I dont really want to spend 2k on brake parts and another thousand on tires and wheels. Thats all

unless your blowing doors off dropping 10s.... which is doubt ful with the stock turbo.... then bigger brakes then stock are not needed. good pads, with new drill slot rotors (which are cheap) and a suspension rebuild from PST will solve the issues. all for right around 800 bucks.

Surely he meant 14 inch brakes???

Nope, he likes the stock 14" rims that came on the 83T Jeremy.

Do some searching in the suspension section and get an idea of what others have done and whether they like how things work. Like Aj said, you're not trying to burn the track up so you really don't need bigger brakes. I'm not a fan of drilled rotors because they can crack due to heat, but if you're not really trying to do much more than cruise then they should be fine.;)

It's a little to big for that Matt. The biggest issue with 14's is you're really limited with tire sizes these days. There are very few performance options and other than thin treads you can't get much.:(

Do some searching in the suspension section and get an idea of what others have done and whether they like how things work. Like Aj said, you're not trying to burn the track up so you really don't need bigger brakes. I'm not a fan of drilled rotors because they can crack due to heat, but if you're not really trying to do much more than cruise then they should be fine.;)

Nope, he likes the stock 14" rims that came on the 83T Jeremy.

arent I strange ;)
I will head over to that section now