Parting 87 gn t top car

Update...

Received a partial shipment today. It contained four of the six parts which also comes out to a little less than two-thirds of the agreed monetary value.

I would rate the parts received as okay to pretty good. I wouldn't rate them as "great" (Zachary's description) or "excellent" (the requirement I had in my "Parts Wanted" thread that Zachary originally responded to). However, I'm looking for parts to be used on a 18,xxx mile GN, so my "scale" is probably higher than Zachary's scale. With some cleanup, three of the four parts will probably be okay for backup parts. They are the parts in the pictures.

There are two parts that I haven't received. Nor have I received any tracking info for those parts, although I have been told they were shipped two days ago. A couple of requests for tracking info have not been responded to.

I notified PayPal that I had received the partial shipment.

Ira

What was the return Address?

This thread is confusing me....and I like it. :biggrin:

Lol, well I see it doesnt take much. I'm glad your enjoying it, Dan :biggrin:

Attachments

• facepalm.jpg
    facepalm.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 163
Things are going to be different this year.

If we can get past the 2 service academies

Attachments

• grotto-christmas-1280x800.jpg
    grotto-christmas-1280x800.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 143
Things are going to be different this year.

If we can get past the 2 service academies

Well we dont play this year.

I LOVE our service acadamies but if your worried about beating them you dont have a chance against Nebraska, sorry.

Best of luck :cool:

Update...

Received the tracking number for the second shipment middle of last week. Parts arrived today. They are about the same quality as the ones I previously received. Okay, but not good enough for an 18,xxx car, even with a good cleaning.

After I filed a PayPal claim and got my payment frozen, Zachary's father provided the first tracking info and offered a full refund on the parts if I wasn't satisfied with the quality. After seeing all the parts, I decided to take him up on his offer, and have asked for a refund if I return all the parts. I offered to pay return shipping and let him keep the original shipping costs so he wouldn't be out any money on the deal. I'm waiting for his okay to ship the parts back, and will update this thread when he responds.

I'm not implying that Zachary misled me on the condition of the parts. I have no doubt that the parts are the same as the ones in the pictures in this thread. I don't think he purposefully tried to take "flattering" pictures. I guess there are a lot of things that make a part less than "excellent" that won't show up on a photo. I'm also guessing that the age difference between myself and Zachary has a little to do with the difference in what we consider "excellent" or "great" condition with regards to cosmetics/appearance.

Ira

Update...

Received the tracking number for the second shipment middle of last week. Parts arrived today. They are about the same quality as the ones I previously received. Okay, but not good enough for an 18,xxx car, even with a good cleaning.

After I filed a PayPal claim and got my payment frozen, Zachary's father provided the first tracking info and offered a full refund on the parts if I wasn't satisfied with the quality. After seeing all the parts, I decided to take him up on his offer, and have asked for a refund if I return all the parts. I offered to pay return shipping and let him keep the original shipping costs so he wouldn't be out any money on the deal. I'm waiting for his okay to ship the parts back, and will update this thread when he responds.

I'm not implying that Zachary misled me on the condition of the parts. I have no doubt that the parts are the same as the ones in the pictures in this thread. I don't think he purposefully tried to take "flattering" pictures. I guess there are a lot of things that make a part less than "excellent" that won't show up on a photo. I'm also guessing that the age difference between myself and Zachary has a little to do with the difference in what we consider "excellent" or "great" condition with regards to cosmetics/appearance.

Ira

I doubt you'll get your money back EVEN in you return the items :rolleyes:. Thats Jason for you, says its in great shape then crappy parts show up :rolleyes:. What was the Address on the box, I'm curious where it came from??

Oh BTW I NEVER recieved any money, like he said he was going to do :rolleyes:........... Thats the Jason I know :wink:

Dave,

I didn't say they were crappy parts. I'm sure some people would find them acceptable. I believe they are the parts in the pictures so people can judge for themselves if they think I've been purposefully misled. There are probably one or two people that will say that I'm way too picky.

I'm not taking sides at this point. I'm just reporting back what has transpired thus far.

Regards,
Ira

I recieved the wheels that I bought from Zachary today and they were just what he said they were and what the pictures he sent me showed. No complaints. Not sure thats what some of you want to hear but its the truth and I don`t know Zachary or his Dad from squat.

Regards from Idaho.

I recieved the wheels that I bought from Zachary today and they were just what he said they were and what the pictures he sent me showed. No complaints. Not sure thats what some of you want to hear but its the truth and I don`t know Zachary or his Dad from squat.

Regards from Idaho.

Awesome? You are one of the lucky ones.

Regards from Idaho.

Glad it worked out for you Bruce. Funny thing is that those wheels were supposed to be on my car, but he pulled the old bait and switch on those too :rolleyes:.

Friday, I finally got around to sending back the parts I purchased. They are supposed to arrive on Wednesday. I will update this thread at that point.