Parting '83 T-Type (no engine parts)

Trader history for 84ZZ4 (0)

84ZZ4

Hi All,

My '83 T-type has seen better days--it was a project car I acquired without an engine or transmission, and for a while I ran it with a 455 Buick V8 under the hood. However it's suffered some body damage, as well as some other issues, and it's about to head off to the junk yard. It's black, of course, with red interior.

I'm posting up in case anyone wants some small parts off it; I'd be happy to give back to the community by giving those parts away for free (you just pay shipping) unless they're exceptionally difficult to get at (at which point I might ask for a small amount of money). Screws, bezels, emblems, etc, anything that would be easy to remove but hard to find is fair game. It does have the original instrument cluster, but it was modified to remove the clock, so that's probably only good for parts.

I do also have a small number of parts that I'd be happy to sell but are too big to ship, those would require pickup in the Raleigh/Durham area of North Carolina (I do have a truck, so if you're local within ~100 miles I can deliver for gas money). Those are:
* Turbo bulge hood (the '83 T-type's original hood) GONE
* 8.5" 3.42 10-bolt (out of a newer Turbo Buick, though I'm not sure of the year)
* 8.5" 3.73 10-bolt (out of an '85 Olds 442)
* Various speedometer drive/driven gears for 200-4R transmission (I don't know what goes for what ratio anymore, so please just ask for by color/tooth count). Shipping is available for these parts.
* "Modified" instrument cluster (the left two and center gauges are original, the right two were hacked up to install a tach and an oil pressure gauge.) Shipping is available for this part.
* 455 Buick engine, complete (believe it is out of a '72 Buick of some sort, I have pictures of the date codes)
* 4.1 V6 block and crank (believe this came out of a late 70s/early 80s Riviera)
* Dual exhaust aftermarket crossmember (looks like the G-force crossmember, but mounts a 200-4R)
* TA Performance 8.5" cast aluminum 10-bolt rear cover (the kind that has the preload bolts for the carrier bearings; will also ship this but it is listed in this section because it is also not free) SOLD

I'm long out of the Turbo Buick/Regal scene, so I don't know how much these things are worth anymore, but feel free to make an offer. Pictures and/or shipping quotes available upon request; expect them within a day or so for anything except for the 3.73 10-bolt and the 4.1 V6, which are an hour away and will take until the next weekend for me to get to.

The vehicle is going to the junkyard in approximately two weeks, after which only the parts listed in the "too big to ship" parts will be available (those are all in storage and are not going to the junkyard).

UPDATE: Sorry for those of you who have contacted me after the "sell by" date; the car has been junked and miscellaneous pieces are no longer available.

Last edited:

black owned

black pride
Hi All,

My '83 T-type has seen better days--it was a project car I acquired without an engine or transmission, and for a while I ran it with a 455 Buick V8 under the hood. However it's suffered some body damage, as well as some other issues, and it's about to head off to the junk yard. It's black, of course, with red interior.

I'm posting up in case anyone wants some small parts off it; I'd be happy to give back to the community by giving those parts away for free (you just pay shipping) unless they're exceptionally difficult to get at (at which point I might ask for a small amount of money). Screws, bezels, emblems, etc, anything that would be easy to remove but hard to find is fair game. It does have the original instrument cluster, but it was modified to remove the clock, so that's probably only good for parts.

I do also have a small number of parts that I'd be happy to sell but are too big to ship, those would require pickup in the Raleigh/Durham area of North Carolina (I do have a truck, so if you're local within ~100 miles I can deliver for gas money). Those are:
* Turbo bulge hood (the '83 T-type's original hood)
* 8.5" 3.42 10-bolt (out of a newer Turbo Buick, though I'm not sure of the year)
* 8.5" 3.73 10-bolt (out of an '85 Olds 442)
* Various speedometer drive/driven gears for 200-4R transmission (I don't know what goes for what ratio anymore, so please just ask for by color/tooth count; I actually will ship these but listing them in this section because they are not free)
* 455 Buick engine, complete (believe it is out of a '72 Buick of some sort, I have pictures of the date codes)
* 4.1 V6 block and crank (believe this came out of a late 70s/early 80s Riviera)
* TA Performance 8.5" cast aluminum 10-bolt rear cover (the kind that has the preload bolts for the carrier bearings; will also ship this but it is listed in this section because it is also not free)

I'm long out of the Turbo Buick/Regal scene, so I don't know how much these things are worth anymore, but feel free to make an offer. Pictures and/or shipping quotes available upon request; expect them within a day or so for anything except for the 3.73 10-bolt and the 4.1 V6, which are an hour away and will take until the next weekend for me to get to.

The vehicle is going to the junkyard in approximately two weeks, after which only the parts listed in the "too big to ship" parts will be available (those are all in storage and are not going to the junkyard).
Price on TA rear cover?

blackazz

Not a Gn
Do you have the rubber shims that the transmission cross member attaches with?

84ZZ4

Price on TA rear cover?
It's never been used, still has the gasket, but it sat in the car for a while and has some cosmetic surface corrosion on the outside that might need to be cleaned up (depends on how picky you are). I was thinking $50 + shipping would be fair, considering a new one is about 3x that.

84ZZ4

Do you have the rubber shims that the transmission cross member attaches with?
Sorry, I do not, the car had an aftermarket dual exhaust crossmember that was mounted without shims (there was no other way to run exhaust from the headers that were on the 455). But that does remind me to put up the crossmember in the parts list.

84ZZ4

Need headlight bezels with corner lights. Thanks
The right one is broken (around the headlights) and i'm not sure where it's gotten off to. The left one is intact and the corner light is solid, but the chrome is peeling off in multiple places. Free for the price of shipping if you want it. I can look around for the broken right one if you really want it, or need the corner light from it.

black owned

black pride
It's never been used, still has the gasket, but it sat in the car for a while and has some cosmetic surface corrosion on the outside that might need to be cleaned up (depends on how picky you are). I was thinking $50 + shipping would be fair, considering a new one is about 3x that.
Pics to
theshop04@gmail.com

84ZZ4

Do you have the gauge cluster holder (the plastic panel that the gauge cluster screws into)?
Most likely? The instrument panel itself has been modified, but it's otherwise intact. I'll PM you a picture of what that area looks like, you can let me know if it has the part you need.

jmaff

I really need the center console lid if you still have the car. Haven't found ANYBODY that offers that as a 'repro' part after searching everywhere.
Also need the orig GN style oil filler neck and cap if avail.

84ZZ4

Sorry, the car went to the junkyard two weeks after the original post. Only the "sold separately" parts are still available.