Parted ways with a friend

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
Today I sold off the Buick. Probably wont be getting back in the game as it seems you have to have a very good bank account to keep one of these rascals going. Hard to do when you're raising a family of 4 on a single income and making less than $40k a year. By the time I can get back into it the prices will probably be twice what they are now. Plus I figure perhaps I should focus on raising my daughters (ages 4 and 3 months) over tinkering with cars. But it's been a great 6 years chatting with you all.

Did you get your asking price?

That was a nice car.

Good to hear from you ! Keep in touch and dont forget the cruise nights! Got a biggie coming may 18 called KC2K13 that should be wild with 1000-1500 hp supras, lambos, and hopefully local Larry Larsons 6sec. chevyii. Also as your girls get to grade school my wifes daughter is the music teacher on base. See ya, Bob.

Family comes first.
Ya know that old saying that we have around here,"Going fast with class"? The fact that you're willing to put your family above other passions, means to me that you have no shortage of class. That same class will some day bring you back here to others who share those passions.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that YOU'RE SCREWED just like the rest of us and will be back.:eek::D
Keep in touch or we'll talk smack about you on T6P. ;)

Mike Barnard

I know the feeling...I was out of the game for about 6 years...you will be back...

Yeah maybe I'll strike it rich one day and get back in the game. I already miss it not being in the garage, but then again maybe I'll luck out and find someone selling a stage 2 car for cheap. (dreaming I know, but hey) No I didn't quite get my asking price but I came close.

Bob good hearing from you. I do plan to make it to the cruises this year. I hear the one by Joes Crab Shack there at 1-70 is pretty big. I might have to make the trip to Indy and bring back the green deuce from dad's.

I'll post here from time to time just so you know I'm still lurking....

I feel for you. I had to sell my 99 Formula the first tine I tried to put the baby seat in the back of it. Lowered, corvette rims, Super Yank 3500 converter etc.

I was able to buy a GN years later. Things change, but gotta take care of family first.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app