Park-Neutral switch adjustment

BoostMasterK

2 boys now, need more GNs
I just had the steering column replaced and the P-N needs a little touch up. Can someone point me to the procedure? I had no luck searching here or gnt.

TIA!

Mike [:)

Mike,

Found these past comments (searched for "neutral safety switch").

"You will have to stick your head up under the dash and look on to of the steering column for the Neutral safety switch.You will just see the top portion of the switch.The bottom part is down in the column.Part of the switch should move left or right.Grab the top portion of the switch and slide it to the right a hair,then see if b/u lights work if not try other positions a little at a time."

"Take the driver side under dash panel off .Look on top of the steering column for the neutral safety switch.It's white and about 3"-4" across.The top portion of the switch slides left or right.Try sliding it about 1/8 in.-1/4in."

HTH

Mickey

Thanks very much Mickey. I searched P-N, P/N, Neutral, Park, adjustment... with no luck. I knew there was posts on it and I thought it was in the GNT archives too.

Thanks again,

Great, Mike...I've never had the problem. If that doesn't do the job, e-mail me and I'll start digging in the shop manual...some of this stuff is not easy to search for and sometimes tough to find in the manuals too :D

Mickey

Nope, that was it! I got out the scan tool and wiggled my big paw in there...took about 30 seconds to get it right. It was 3 clicks off.

The shop probaby set it based on the rev lights, which were fine, but it was off just enough to fake Neutral in Overdrive

Thanks again Mickey!