Pappa Lou's Z06

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
OK Lou....I know you're back in town....

Wash that Z06 and post some pix of my Z06 lunch.:biggrin:

Meanchicken

I’ve got a Z06 you can try, but I don’t fancy your chances. LS7 with forged internals, balanced & blueprinted, twin ball bearing turbos, intercooled, dual 4” exhaust, ZR1 drive train and of course, aerodynamics’. You’ll have to travel a little north, ehh:D

Meanchicken

I’ve got a Z06 you can try, but I don’t fancy your chances. LS7 with forged internals, balanced & blueprinted, twin ball bearing turbos, intercooled, dual 4” exhaust, ZR1 drive train and of course, aerodynamics’. You’ll have to travel a little north, ehh:D

Ya know...I'd actually go for it just so I could see that animal run:D

I saw Lou's Z06 today. Beautiful car.
Mid life crisis red and everything!:D

Attachments

• DSCN0484-1.jpg
    DSCN0484-1.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 269

Meanchicken

Your vette sounds like it has some serious H.P. I'm guessing around a 1000 but will it hook up. If I decide to keep the car I may have to do a little tuning on it & bury that foul smelling chicken & get him to stop harassing me.

Your vette sounds like it has some serious H.P. I'm guessing around a 1000 but will it hook up. If I decide to keep the car I may have to do a little tuning on it & bury that foul smelling chicken & get him to stop harassing me.

The turbo set-up is Lingenfelter's 800 bhp set-up. The drive train was done by RPM (with their Stage V upgrades, DSS axles & prop shaft, a Quafe posi and a Macleod twin disc clutch), Hook-up is an issue until about 120 mph but it's still got the crappy oem tires. They're pretty much cooked now so I'm going to get PS2 runflats when the car come out of hibernation.

My GNX is runnings about 600 rwhp and feels like a snail compared to the vette, but it's still cool to drive.

Perfect Color

Hey Lou,

Nice Z. I gave up trying to replace my tolen GN. I bought C5 Z06 and am perfectly happy with it. Would love a ride in the C6 if you hve the time
some day.

Bob

Hey Lou,

Nice Z. I gave up trying to replace my tolen GN. I bought C5 Z06 and am perfectly happy with it. Would love a ride in the C6 if you hve the time
some day.

Bob
Good to hear from you again.The C-6 Z is much more refined,rides better & I don't go deaf from road noise as was when I owned the C-5 Z. Both are a perf bargains & you won't go broke trying to keep it together. I'm not sure if I will hang onto it cause the ZR-1 prices are coming down & tempted by the thought of one of those. So if you want to come over for a visit & a ride better hurry. Lou

The turbo set-up is Lingenfelter's 800 bhp set-up. The drive train was done by RPM (with their Stage V upgrades, DSS axles & prop shaft, a Quafe posi and a Macleod twin disc clutch), Hook-up is an issue until about 120 mph but it's still got the crappy oem tires. They're pretty much cooked now so I'm going to get PS2 runflats when the car come out of hibernation.

My GNX is runnings about 600 rwhp and feels like a snail compared to the vette, but it's still cool to drive.
I was wondering about that cause I once had an 01 Z06 with a procharger & the car was useless till third gear even with DR's

When I get my Dodge Challenger I want to try you in that Z you got Lol! It should be in in 2 weeks at the dealer..special order..

When I get my Dodge Challenger I want to try you in that Z you got Lol! It should be in in 2 weeks at the dealer..special order..

dont do it those cars a SUPER SLOW!!! coming from me that i work for a dodge dealer i would not buy one of those hunk of junks

Mid Life crisis? Hell Lou had one of those back in the 70's. ;) I know people are living longer these days but I don't think he's gonna make it to 140. :D

Neal[/QUOTE/ Niel my plan is to live until which time I die.No rocking chairs or Caddilacs for me please. ( I'm sure Gary will make me pay for that remark Heh,Heh, ) I'm also always on the look out for those young up starts to pick on. Cause this is what older people do. Playing the old grouch & tweaking peoples egos is what keeps me young.

dont do it those cars a SUPER SLOW!!! coming from me that i work for a dodge dealer i would not buy one of those hunk of junks
Ziggy I didn't know you were a mechanic. Those Dodges maybe slow but they sure look better than the Camaro. To me the Vette is the best deal going. prices are coming down & the Z06 is a great perf. bargain.

Maaaaaaan.....I hope you have something that can do better than the stock SRT-8 Challenger on order.....:D

You'll need one of those juiced up supercharged versions just to keep it close to an LS7 Z06, and still might not get the happy ending you were hoping for once Lou figures out how to launch that thing.

The Challengers are nice looking cars, especially once they are lowered, but they have lead in their britches, and even the supercharged ones acceleration numbers are no where near as impressive as their horsepower ratings.

Ziggy I didn't know you were a mechanic. Those Dodges maybe slow but they sure look better than the Camaro. To me the Vette is the best deal going. prices are coming down & the Z06 is a great perf. bargain.

of course i am a mechanic lou who do you think did all the hard labor work on harolds car, and yes the vettes are the best things going right now im considering buying a 88 vette and saving it for a future project ;)