Painting a WH1...what to do...

bluehair

looking for suggestions here, pics would help.
I have a 86 WH1 that if i don't sell(Lord I hope not) i am going to paint this winter. I am not a big fan of the two tone but i know thats what makes it a WH1 and rare. I love the grey on it, and really like the grey, silver, white T-types. I guess it will always be a WH1 but im torn on do i paint back original or one solid color???? What do you guys think? will it ruin any value of the car if its one color? or does a repaint do that anyways?

oh and if anyone would like to share some solid Silver, grey, charcoal T-Types please post up!:tongue:

???????

I have been wondering the same thing. I have a 84 WH1 and I am more fond of the one color, but the two tone really does stand out. I came to realize they are very rare cars and the paint is what makes them that way, Besides every one has a black regal!!!! I am going to redo mine to the factory colors this winter. Just my 2 cents!

IMO - WH1. Black looks great when it is an excellent paint job and the two minutes after you wash it. I am also a big fan of the charcoal and dark gray colors!!!

just my 2 cents
Nate

Definately keep the two tone!

X3!! The two tone is what makes them unique!!! I wish I had a WH1! Everybody and their brother has one like mine. My next one will be an off color T of some sort...I'll get it shortly before I get divorced!!:D :D

Well you can always repaint but I personally like the wh-1 2 tone. Wh-1 is probablly my favorite,Yes even over a GNX they aren't as rare :eek:
I'm restoring 1 now & did a burgundy & black seat cover match like a GN since it came with a burgundy interior. Kept the original though for future.
Painted it all Black because I haven't decided wether to do the black, charcoal,& black look or Black, burgundy, & black ?

You could always paint it the same color as the center & if you decide to sell go back & paint the top & bottom black?

Keep it 2 tone. I think they're the best looking G bodies. A little sporty and a little classy.

You should do what you like! I like the WH1 the way it looks so I would keep it that way but if you like another go for it!!! I just changed my maroon rosewood to M.B. silver :D

I think the solid colors look better but then it looses its originality. Who cares tho unless its a show car or you are worried about loosing some value when you sell it? I say paint it one of the 2008 Scion metallic grey colors.

You could always paint it a solid color and be sure to keep the RPO sticker inside the trunk lid so there is proof it is a WH1 and it could be repainted to original colors years from now.

I would personally keep the WH1 colors if it was my car.

don't worry about painting the car, just sell it to me. ;)

but if you do decide to paint it, keep it the factory two tone!! please!!!!!