Paint

Roger

Looking for original lacquer paint to restore my GN.
Unable to find locally.

make sure is not singel stage paint .they came singel stage to.

Im no painter but just wondering other then not as deep a look what is bad about single stage paint I used it on my fire wall and thought it looked good.

single stage is fine. base clear has a little more uv protection. laquer paint just doesn't hold up like the newer urethanes. the paint won't be a different match because of what kind it is. these cars are over 20 yrs old and its not gonna match anyway. i would use a base clear urethane. just my opinion but i've done body and paint for 20 yrs.

single stage is fine. base clear has a little more uv protection. laquer paint just doesn't hold up like the newer urethanes. the paint won't be a different match because of what kind it is. these cars are over 20 yrs old and its not gonna match anyway. i would use a base clear urethane. just my opinion but i've done body and paint for 20 yrs.

Good advice. I'd only add, anything but lacquer. It's been obsolete for 20 years.

I used a single stage enamel it turned out good . I will use base coat clear coat on the body.

Im no painter but just wondering other then not as deep a look what is bad about single stage paint I used it on my fire wall and thought it looked good.
there notting wrong with single stage .im just make sure that is not single stage.they came [single and lac].......

Don't let anyone tell you lacquer is no good. I know it does not stand up to uv as well. Lacquer paint will give you a deep deep look.
Look and ask the guys with the trophy cars in the Concours . . .

Base/clears. If you are doing it yourself you will need some sort of scba or a feed. Isocyanate's are pain, I have yet to see one that is black. . . They are some sort of hue blue, brown, purple, etc never black. To get a deep look you need many clear coats.

I have only played with the water based stuff so no real experience with it.

If it is a daily drive just hit it up with some cheap base clear and be done with it easy. Pretty hard to mess it up, any body can shoot this stuff. Just make sure you know which mix you are looking at and if you see someone else's car that you like make sure you get the manufacture and paint number and mix that was used.

Water based are a whole new ball game and prep is crazy, compared to the others.

If you want that look ! then Lacquer it is!

Later AJ