Paint or Dog

Paint or Dog

• Paint

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Dog

Votes: 23 59.0%

• Total voters
Your wife has stated she doesn't trust a dog. Dogs will sense that and take advantage of her. This will put her at odds with the dog.

That depends how the dog is trained . The dog we got before our last one was one of the smartest dogs we had. He was great!! He died suddenly and after that she didn't want another dog to go threw the loss again. Welllll I wanted one. She said she would have NOTHING to do with him. So the kids and I got another. She ignored the dog and of course wouldn't feed him. It was so funny for a few YEARS !!! Dog would walk right by her and not even look at her. After a few years she started to "warm up" to him an he did the same.
...Now I am goin threw the same thing.. We all were heart broken after he died last nov @ 13 1/2 . I will be getting another to spoil the hell out of and she will also like him to.. All in the training of the dog :cool:
.. Any dog that lives with Steve has to have "some" problems!! I really feel bad for Rosie :p

No contest....

Attachments

• 0307001411.jpg
    0307001411.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 118
  • 0314001621.jpg
    0314001621.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 126
That depends how the dog is trained . The dog we got before our last one was one of the smartest dogs we had. He was great!! He died suddenly and after that she didn't want another dog to go threw the loss again. Welllll I wanted one. She said she would have NOTHING to do with him. So the kids and I got another. She ignored the dog and of course wouldn't feed him. It was so funny for a few YEARS !!! Dog would walk right by her and not even look at her. After a few years she started to "warm up" to him an he did the same.
...Now I am goin threw the same thing.. We all were heart broken after he died last nov @ 13 1/2 . I will be getting another to spoil the hell out of and she will also like him to.. All in the training of the dog :cool:
.. Any dog that lives with Steve has to have "some" problems!! I really feel bad for Rosie :p

Maybe the OP should look at smaller dogs. If the wife is afraid for her kids then nothing will put her at ease unless she can meet some people that have a dog and see how wonderful they can be for a family. I hated putting my Pepper down. Second worst to burying my Dad.

Rosie loves me, she always pees on my shoes when I go over to visit.:biggrin:

I find the smaller dogs are ankle biters :p again ..training them is very important :biggrin:

Paint first and then the dog.I did the dog thing first and i am still waiting.I figure it will take 2 years after the purchase of our little terrier to paint.
Having a dog is lots of work,but havin a dog and a new paint job on your gn is priceless....Still waiting....

With the exception of pit bulls, most large dogs are a reflection of their master and how they were raised. The fact that you really want a dog shows to me that you will raise it good and shouldn’t have any problems. You just need to get past the first two years..

Attachments

• IMG_0717sss.jpg
    IMG_0717sss.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 95
Pit Bulls are a perfect example of a reflection of their masters. My dad was a vet for 30+ years and I worked with him for many of those years. Pits were some of the best dogs if they had good owners.

I agree with grumpy, smaller dogs have a higher tendency to bite, they just don't hurt as much. On the flip side bigger dogs have less tendency to bite, but they can do some major damage.

Get a dog. How can you say no to a face like this:

Attachments

• P1370407.jpg
    P1370407.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 69