Paint or Dog

Paint or Dog

• Paint

Votes: 16 41.0%
  • Dog

Votes: 23 59.0%

• Total voters

turbojitsu85

My wife and I have been looking at homes for some time now and we finally sold our condo. I've been saying for a few years now as soon as we get a home I was going to get a dog. Now every dog I've been thinking of getting (Doberman, American Bulldog, Canis Panther, Dogo Argentino) her mother is convinced and has convinced her that it would rip the faces off of our children. The other day we found a house that we are going to put an offer on and she tells me if I don't get a dog I can have the car painted. I really want a dog but I really want my car painted as well. She says it's one or the other. I told her paint would start at 5k and up so I wouldn't be able to do it for a few years. She also wouldn't want to be bugged about getting a dog in the future after the car is painted.Which should I choose? I've already picked out the color if I paint the car...Black.

Now I know most of you are going to flame me and say that I'm whipped and your the man of the house and I should do both but I believe to make my marriage work it's give and take on some things this being on of them.

Dog.........:D

They will make you happy when the Black B#tch lets you down....

First it is paint than a turbo ,oops now a tranny.....

If you have wanted a dog get it now while you can. Once she falls in love with the dog. After it is potty trained..
You will get your paint toooooo.

Dog !! :biggrin: My kids grew up with German Shepards.. Not all bigger dogs are biters :eek: 1 problem with painting a car.. it will get scratched and dented especially with little kids around.

Grumpy, Guy down the street has 5 pups, Black and tan,....:biggrin:

1 week old.

Grumpy, Guy down the street has 5 pups, Black and tan,....:biggrin:

1 week old.

I didn't read that :eek: actually looking for a pup soon . our last one lasted 13 1/2 years .. died Nov 2 :redface: Damm that dog had a life I would kill for :p

I've got a little doberman female puppy i need to get rid of. Out of all the dogs i've owed, which has been many (rotwieler, min pin, chiwawa, pit bull, and others) the dobermans have been the most fun and enjoyment. When i had land, i had almost 20 of them at one time. now i only have one. they have been the eaisest dog to train. but that's a hard decision to make.

I've got a 7 year old Mastiff named Toby and a two year old son, Noah. I'd burn my car to the ground if it made Toby or Noah's lives better. I consider Toby my son, even though he's a dog. He is my best friend and brings joy to every aspect of my life, not like the GN which really only brings joy here or there. Get the pup!!!

A Dog will bring you way more joy imo.

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 229
I have a little male Jack Russell terrier and he's so full of life and energy...He'a great companion...my girlfriend and I love him!...

Claude. :wink:

You both should be into getting a dog imo, when one of you is gone, it takes the other to care for it and she must be up to the task too. Find a dog you both can love or it won't work and will always be "your dog" to care for and love.
The paint on the car..well thats definitely a guy thing unless she has "authority" to drive it :) So she can go shopping and do girly things and you can get a paint job.

Tough one...how bad is your current paint job?
It's the origanal paint the hood is the worst it's spider webbing real bad also around the door locks but other then that it looks ok after a day of polishing it with Zano's.

You both should be into getting a dog imo, when one of you is gone, it takes the other to care for it and she must be up to the task too. Find a dog you both can love or it won't work and will always be "your dog" to care for and love.
The paint on the car..well thats definitely a guy thing unless she has "authority" to drive it :) So she can go shopping and do girly things and you can get a paint job.
I agree thats why I never got a dog when we lived in the condo because she wouldn't have walked it but in the house she is willing to let it out. I'm looking to get the dog so maybe we can go on walks together and so I have a jogging companion.

I'd say this poll isn't going like he thought.......:D

No it's not I would have pegged everyone for painting the car.

her mother is convinced and has convinced her that it would rip the faces off of our children.

This could never rip the face off anyone...she might lick their faces off :D
ears.jpg

But that was when she was only 3-4 months old...she's a little bigger now in this pic at 9 months ..king of the roost:)
DSC06330.jpg

Dog and then the paint the wife will give in once she's in love with the dog. I currently have a Neo Mastiff and a Great Dane. However over the years I've owned a Presa Canario and 2 Filas. I LOVE big dogs.

Paint, no pooper scoopers for me!:smile: Don't hate dogs just too high maintenance for me. Also the fact that a German shepard attempted to rip my throat out when I was a toddler might have something to do with it.:eek: