paint job cost

equalizer442

im finally putting the gn back on the road, ive got it running pretty good now and most of the cob webs are cleaned out of it. the paint is SHOT though, the car has 54k miles with a mint interier but the origional paint has not faired as well. its covered with the orange peel / crows foot.

what can i expect to pay for a decent paint job, ive been quoted every where from 3.5k to 10k and i need to know what to expect.

im finally putting the gn back on the road, ive got it running pretty good now and most of the cob webs are cleaned out of it. the paint is SHOT though, the car has 54k miles with a mint interier but the origional paint has not faired as well. its covered with the orange peel / crows foot.

what can i expect to pay for a decent paint job, ive been quoted every where from 3.5k to 10k and i need to know what to expect.

Depending where the car is from the price will vary.I thought my car was pretty clean untill I had it media blasted:eek: .Any how my buddy owns the shop that my car is going to and it will be around $6500.00 .My car is completely disassembled no glass, body off frame etc.I would say from 5 to 10 grand is a fair number.good luck

My car was fairly clean. A few minor dings here and there, but nothing major. And no rust. I had it taken apart a pretty good bit. The body wasn't removed from the frame. But the glass, trunk, hood, doors, header panel, bumpers, fillers, lights, etc. were removed. A base/clear paint job with a thorough wet-sand and buff, then re-assemble. Plus tinted lenses on the entire car as well as all trim, headlight bezels and grille re-finished in satin black. It's gonna run about $5k.

$5k is about right maybe more depending on how much prep work you do before hand and how good a job you want. No use in skimping if you've gone this far especially with a low mile car like yours.

Disassemble as much as you can and it will make things easier for the body shop and cheaper for you.

-Good Luck

Take what ever your estimate is and double it then take the time frame they give and triple that. That way you'll be prepared for it.;)

Cost..

Well, The First Thing I Can Think Of Is 1)what Kind Of Job Do You Want.. 2) What Kind Of Materals Are Going To Be Used..3) Removing Handles,glass Etc, Are We Removing All Sheet Metal,doors?? You Really Need To Talk In Great Detail With Your Choice Shop, Make Sure Details Are Worked Out...there Are Alot Of "aftermarket" So To Speak Materals, Money Can Be Saved But At What Cost...removing All The Factory Paint And Primer Is The Way To Go,follow Up With A Acid,metal Etch Primer,then A Fill Primer Prior To Base Coat..i Wish I Would Have Kept Track Of The Hours I Spent On Mine...materals Alone, Close Guess $2,000,00, That Is Probably On The Low Side. My Car Had A Few Dents,no Rust At All..i Guess My Advise Is To "talk" About It,take Time To Think,do Not Be In A Hurry Make Sure You Choose A Good Shop,a Good Bodyman.. Good Luck..

Paint Work

Cheap Work = Not Good
Good Work = Aint Cheap

Materials Have Trippled In Price In Last Several Years.... I Like The Idea Of Double Off What You Got Estimated And That Will Keep You From Sticker Shock.....

Bill has the right idea. Find a shop in your driving range that has a good rep for doing good work. Prep work is 90% of a paint job. That is where most of your cost will be. You get what you pay for in most instances. Also ask to see some of their work. The final price of your refinish job will depend on how far you will want to go with it. Do you have any cracks in the factory seams?