Paint for bumper strips?

turbotroy

What is the best paint that you can use for the rubber bumper strips? Now that my Turbo T is painted, those strips look BAD. TIA and Cheers!

I was always told you "dye" anything but hard plastic. Look for a vinyl dye. Though it's going to be really hard because scuffs on material like that change the surface texture so now any paint or dye is going to be inconsistent. Nothing from a can is going to be worth a dam in my opinion. Take them to a body shop and have them professionally prepped and painted in a satin black made for trim specifically.

Last edited:
I wouldn't advise painting them. Try something like Mother's Back to black.

If they're kinda beat up that will do nothing. They'll shine in some areas, and not in others, and all the nicks will be shiny as well. If it looks like ass there's nothing you can do but cover it up. Once it's hit or nicked the plastic loses that pebblegrain finish & becomes shiny. It'll never look good again unless you put something over everything. But I'm really anal too.

If they're kinda beat up that will do nothing. They'll shine in some areas, and not in others, and all the nicks will be shiny as well. If it looks like ass there's nothing you can do but cover it up. Once it's hit or nicked the plastic loses that pebblegrain finish & becomes shiny. It'll never look good again unless you put something over everything. But I'm really anal too.
X2

Thanks for the replies, guys, but I guess I wasn't clear on what I wanted to do. It's the white "inlay" on the bumper strips that I need to do something with. With the car being an AZ car and sitting in the sun most of its life, the white part is looking bad.
As a side note, when I went to replace that strip on the front bumper on my original GN back in the early '90's, all you could get from the dealer was the strip for Regals, with the white "inlay" on it. I misted it with something black, to make the white go away.
I figure there's something I can buy from a hobby store, and hand paint the inlay back on it, but I see it being so time consuming, I want to paint it with something that will be there awhile! Cheers!

PICS of the painted car !!!!!!!!!!

I doubt you will get a good result by painting the white strips.