PAC alky control install issue

raregn

Addicted to BOOST
I'm installing a PAC alky kit in at 87 T-Type for a friend, everything is going good but I'm stumped at the "turn-on" LED that the instructions say to install by the aftermarket boost gauge. Physically installing the LED is easy, it's the wiring connections that I can't figure out.
The instructions say it's an orange/brown wire that simply connects to the orange/brown wires at the PAC control box...
Problem is the turn-on LED in the kit has grey/black wires, and not only are there no orange/brown wires coming from the PAC controller there are no extra wires other than the violet/grey wires that don't get used.

Anyone else run into this?

ps: the instructions provided were e-mailed to me from him, so I can't be 100% sure they are the correct instructions, however they are bang on for everything else.

Is this a used kit? The turn on LED has orange/brown. How about the low level LED? It should have a rubber grommet on it. Maybe you have them mixed up.

Thanks, but I triple checked the wires and LED's. I did pit the LED with the grommet in the "low fuel" slot. And those wire colors are correct.

I believe the old LED was black/red...
You can order a correct one from Julio.

Yes, but where does it connect to? There are no wires at the controller to connect it to.

Wire colors are irrelevant, there's only 2. If I could figure out where to connect them to the controller it's no problem if the wire colors don't match. If it doesn't work, just switch the wires around.

Is this what your kit looks like? The orange/brown wire LED is in the middle near the PAC controller. There should be a 6 pin connector with orange/brown, green and violet wires on it. You can see the connector on the left .
alky.jpg

No. It's close but that's not it.
There is another box that the pump wires attach to. And there are no connectors on the controller box, it's all hard wired.

Oh, your system is old then. It looks like this?

Attachments

• 20180812_110233.jpg
    20180812_110233.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 110
Turn on LED should be grey/black. The grey wire goes to the grey wire from the controler. Green goes to wire from MAP. Leave the violet alone.

Yes. There is a bolt by the hood release that's handy.

Perfect, thank you very much.
He obviously gave me the wrong instructions.

That kit is old. Be careful to check that it's working right. Get the test kit from Julio and make sure the pump is up to snuff and there are no leaks. With a kit that old I would just send the pump in for a rebuild anyway. It may be even too old to rebuild. Don't play games with it. The alky system has to be 100% or your buddy will be picking up pieces of his engine and blaming you!

And I just put the engine in this car about. month ago.
Would you be able to send me the correct installation instructions for this kit?

I'll see what I can do. I might be able to scan them and then send them by Dropbox.

I'll have to get them out later. Have to go out right now.