P Code 0894

broke

broke
Any ideas on this trans code? Fluid is full and pink. It shifts hard in all gears only after warm and if i shut it off for a few minutes and then drive it again it will shift fine for awhile. 07 Chebby 3/4 ton van. 100k miles.

noti
Any ideas on this trans code? Fluid is full and pink. It shifts hard in all gears only after warm and if i shut it off for a few minutes and then drive it again it will shift fine for awhile. 07 Chebby 3/4 ton van. 100k miles.
p0894 (transmission component slipping) possible problem with converter clutch. did you notice if the converter clutch is engaging?

yes the converter locks and it engages abnormally hard, bad converter or solenoid? It started shifting harder than normal then turn the ce light on.

Trouble code by itself won't always tell the issue here. Which engine (vin #) and tranny (4L60E OR 4L80E) are in it. I can pull it up in general but to get specific I need specifics.

4.8 litre and not sure of the transmission. Do ya need the entire vin? My trans guy for the buick cant look at it till saturday and if i cn drop the pan and do a filter and fluid i thought maybe a tcc solenoid would be "easy" to change during my trans bath.

what usually happens is the pcm will detect slippage, dtc sets & pc solenoid commands full line pressure, hence hard shifts, you need to look at tcc slip speed while driving constant highway speed should be close to 0 rpm with converter clutch engaged

Assume this means i need ascan tool for this. I dont have one, stopped at az and they pulled the code. Filter has never been changed but the fluid was sucked out by a quick change place and replaced with fluid the i now assume was less than dex 6 quality.
the fluid does look and smell good. the fact that if i shut the motor off for 5 minute or less start it and drive it the shift returns to normal for awhile,make me think filter but the fluid is clean.

what usually happens is the pcm will detect slippage, dtc sets & pc solenoid commands full line pressure, hence hard shifts, you need to look at tcc slip speed while driving constant highway speed should be close to 0 rpm with converter clutch engaged
That's about all you can say at this point. You'll need a scan tool to check the percentage of slip but it's got to have 3 seperate cycles to verify the slipping componant. Jimmy's right though, it's a slip issue inside the tranny.

Thanks for lookin in and for the respoonse. I will bring it to the trans guy for the proper diag with a scan tool. Damn these cars are gettin complicated,

Slip speed is too high. Needs a convertor and should inspect channel plate for checkballs beaten into the plate. Internally my bet is the unit is fine and prob does not have any electrical issues. See this on G vans some with as few as 25k miles still under warranty of course.

thanks again for your replies and after my trans guy makes the needed repair i will update for others to view

Also check your filter. The "suck and replace" method is not very good if you leave the same filter in there over and over. ESPECIALLY if it is a felt filter design. Those can come apart and slowly migrate towards the inlet and plug it up. Seen a lot of 4L60E transmissions do this with "never been serviced" histories and higher mileage.