Over Bore Performance Decrease?

Look at this plenum with this built in scoop. I was told it was old school.

Attachments

• Intake Plenum 1.jpg
    Intake Plenum 1.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
  • Intake Plenum2.jpg
    Intake Plenum2.jpg
    1,010.5 KB · Views: 61
  • Intake Plenum3.jpg
    Intake Plenum3.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
  • Intake Plenum4.jpg
    Intake Plenum4.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 63
I'm neither a machinist or a mechanic. Granted I can do both (well :) ), that's not my real life. :)

That plenum with the scoop welded in is waaaaaaaaaaaay old school. It also doesn't work. Knocking that thing out and adding a power plate will net you much more better benefits. And increase your plenum area back up to where it should have started out.

As far as RaceTec, no, I don't work there. They are who I worked with to design the Buick slugs I needed for my personal engine build. I just took things too far as I always do and designed them to work with damn near everything from a stock strock STD 3.8 all the way up to a long rod 4.1 .060" over stroker. ....then ended up with two different forgings and angles of attack.

If you're interested, here's some interesting reading after I was about 1.5 years in and wanted opinions from the hive-mind to make sure I didn't miss anything....
https://turbobuick.com/threads/what-would-be-a-dream-piston-for-the-average-build.395533/

I'm neither a machinist or a mechanic. Granted I can do both (well :) ), that's not my real life. :)

That plenum with the scoop welded in is waaaaaaaaaaaay old school. It also doesn't work. Knocking that thing out and adding a power plate will net you much more better benefits. And increase your plenum area back up to where it should have started out.

As far as RaceTec, no, I don't work there. They are who I worked with to design the Buick slugs I needed for my personal engine build. I just took things too far as I always do and designed them to work with damn near everything from a stock strock STD 3.8 all the way up to a long rod 4.1 .060" over stroker. ....then ended up with two different forgings and angles of attack.

If you're interested, here's some interesting reading after I was about 1.5 years in and wanted opinions from the hive-mind to make sure I didn't miss anything....
https://turbobuick.com/threads/what-would-be-a-dream-piston-for-the-average-build.395533/
Question Earl, so i got to decide on headers and a turbo any suggestions? TA's, stock or? On the headers. Can i run a 6262 on a stock build with forged pistons or is that too much?

With the headers, run stock as long as you can. If you just have to spend money, have them ceramic coated. (it really does hold heat in)