Our damn hoodliners, and the pad that falls apart

Well either way. I'll keep an eye on this post. If I send mine out I'm in no rush to get it back as my car sits alot

Group purchase thread has been started! All depends if we get orders for at least 20 of these AND someone is willing to step up with one we already made to use as a pattern. We will pick up the shipping of it both ways and you will get a new one for $30! Engraver is back from vacation on Sept 22nd so it is up to you guys to get this rolling. All replies about group purchase should go in the thread below.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/threads/hot-air-turbo-heat-shields-group-purchase.417905/

Alright guys....the legwork has been done on this. It's time to commit your hard earned $$$ in the above linked group purchase thread and get this done. The shields need to be pre-paid. As of now, 10 out of the 20 needed are paid for.....if you posted here saying you'd take one, now is the time to get it done. I will be sending my shield in to be used as the pattern. A big thanks to Mark at TRCustomparts for following up on this.

T
Alright guys....the legwork has been done on this. It's time to commit your hard earned $$$ in the above linked group purchase thread and get this done. The shields need to be pre-paid. As of now, 10 out of the 20 needed are paid for.....if you posted here saying you'd take one, now is the time to get it done. I will be sending my shield in to be used as the pattern. A big thanks to Mark at TRCustomparts for following up on this.
Thanks to you too turbonut85!

It's supposed to be screwed in place of the stock shield on hood above turbo.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
So you would have to drill to mount it. Will instructions provide how to determine the best mounting position for it?

Ok now I'm a little confused I have an 87 GN, so this product is or not for me???

I'm still learning.

;)No not for you but you can buy one if you like! 84-5 "hot air" cars do not have an intercooler and have the turbo mounted back near the firewall. This shield is needed to help keep the hood pad from falling apart due to the heat the turbo puts out, also helps save the hood paint.

Thanks Mark for clearing that up. I was beginning to think my car was missing something!!!