Original GN engine, trans, etc. for 1987 GN

Richie D

Hoping that someone can help with my quest. I have an original engine, transmission, torque converter and starter for a 1987 GN. They were pulled from the car with only 35,000 miles. The owner of the car installed a high performance racing engine into the car and put the original engine up for sale. The car was in Florida at the time when I bought the engine and other components. I intended to drop this engine into another car, but never found the time or the right car.
The car is now registered in Marysville, IL. I pulled a CarFax and was able to trace the cars location, title # and registration date of 11/09/2022 in Marysville. I was also able to get the license plate # through the Marysville, IL Secretary of State office. Thats where I hit a dead end. The state of Illinois will not release any contact info about the new owner. So, here I am. I would like to find the registered owner of the GN and give him or her first right of refusal. I'm assuming that the matching # powertrain would have some value to them. Since the document #'s and vin and lic. plate # are public information, I'm going to post them here.

Vin: 1G4GJ1176HP460937
Title #: 22313693460
License Plate#: 110003EA (Illinois)

Thanks in advance for your help with this.
Rich

Rich I too had a difficult time working with IL to find an owner of my original 1986 GN. I had the data you have (plate number, title work) and finally found the owner through some of my own contacts (in the car community).

However, with that said, the guy (current owner) stonewalled me. Would not answer his phone, voice mails, would not answer texts, emails, even postal mail.

A guy like me would welcome communication like this, but just remember, they are not all like us.

Why go thru all that BS?
If you want to sell it, sell it to anyone with the bucks.
Put your ad, complete with details, price and contact info in the parts for sale section. Done deal.
Where is this engine located?

I get it. You are trying to help and keep a clear conscience.
Send a letter by certified mail, return recipt requested. If he does not respond, your conscience is clear, you did everything you could.
Then put it up for sale, with the recipt from the letter showing he read it and declined contact, or the letter itself returned to you because he would not accept it.
Problem solved, conscience clear, for you and the buyer.
TIMINATOR

Hoping that someone can help with my quest. I have an original engine, transmission, torque converter and starter for a 1987 GN. They were pulled from the car with only 35,000 miles. The owner of the car installed a high performance racing engine into the car and put the original engine up for sale. The car was in Florida at the time when I bought the engine and other components. I intended to drop this engine into another car, but never found the time or the right car.
The car is now registered in Marysville, IL. I pulled a CarFax and was able to trace the cars location, title # and registration date of 11/09/2022 in Marysville. I was also able to get the license plate # through the Marysville, IL Secretary of State office. Thats where I hit a dead end. The state of Illinois will not release any contact info about the new owner. So, here I am. I would like to find the registered owner of the GN and give him or her first right of refusal. I'm assuming that the matching # powertrain would have some value to them. Since the document #'s and vin and lic. plate # are public information, I'm going to post them here.

Vin: 1G4GJ1176HP460937
Title #: 22313693460
License Plate#: 110003EA (Illinois)

Thanks in advance for your help with this.
Rich
Ok. First off, thanks to everyone that replied to my message. Now to get down to the business at hand. I spent the time trying to locate the current owner of the car simply to see if there was any interest on their part in reuniting their vehicle with the original powertrain. I didn't join this site or post this message just to try to sell what I have. I thought that people dedicated to this type of car would have a better network of contacts than I do. As for where I posted this message on this site, I looked over the categories for posting and thought that this one would provide a better chance for being noticed by someone that may own the car or knew the owner. If by chance I was able to contact someone that had a connection to the car, and they were at all interested, I would negotiate with them on the purchase price. I do not need to sell but if I did decide to sell, it would be very easy for me to sell what I have locally (Florida). So, if someone does know about the car or owner and wants to make that contact, that would be great. I don't intend to post on this site again and will continue to search for info elsewhere.
Thanks again to everyone for their input.

Rich I too had a difficult time working with IL to find an owner of my original 1986 GN. I had the data you have (plate number, title work) and finally found the owner through some of my own contacts (in the car community).

However, with that said, the guy (current owner) stonewalled me. Would not answer his phone, voice mails, would not answer texts, emails, even postal mail.

A guy like me would welcome communication like this, but just remember, they are not all like us.
You are so right. Thanks for the reply.

AND THAT RACEFANS, IS WHAT WE GET FOR TRYING TO HELP!
YEAH, OFFER IT FOR SALE SOMEWHERE ELSE DICKHEAD!
TIMINATOR

It will probably get bought by someone on here anyways !!

Wow, this is what this site has come to? This guy came here to try to locate a fellow turbo buick guy and all he gets is bashed. Why, because he posted in the "wrong" section. I had yelled at for the same thing when I came onto this site, maybe the site is laid out wrong if so many people can't find a place the seems appropriate for their post. For as many of the purists that are on here bashing folks for what they do to their cars, you would think that everyone would be all for getting a numbers matching car together again. Now I remember why I rarely ever post on this site anymore, all anyone does around here is talk trash. I hope all of the leg work this guy has put in pays off at the end and makes someone happy.

If you look at the first few posts all everyone said is you're in the wrong section, I had the same trouble, asked why even bother. He says he's not coming back out of nowhere then he gets bashed. That's what I saw. OP has a mangina, needs a P hat. What was he expecting a name and address the first day?

It’s not that hard when you first join the site to scroll through & see what section fits your questions best.

The OP then came off(to me anyway) as snarky. All Spool said was that he posted in the wrong section. He then had his retort.

We’ve had an issue with spammers & people getting scammed. It’s 2023 & a forum is not that hard to use.

IMO I don’t recall bashing from purists. There are plenty of people with modded rides, so much so I believe the stock cars are becoming rare.

You have to have a thick skin in life. If you get pissy about how someone treats you on an Internet forum then just wow.

Going against my better judgement, I'm going to reply to a few of the comments made. I never said that I wasn't going to monitor this site for a response to my original query. What I said was that i was not going to post again to this site. Seems like some people are pissed off that I'm not offering the engine and transmission for sale to them. Instead of saying, ' hey if you can't find the owner of the car, I'd be interested in purchasing it', I get responses telling me what I should do to make the sale and to send a registered letter to some one that is anonymous (?).
Confirming my intuition after I say I won't post, one guy calls me a dickhead (same guy that suggested I send the letter) and another guy, who appears to be a founding member of this site, chimes in with "Adios".
A couple of members of this site understand my intent, and those are the people that I had hoped to reach.
Again, I appreciate the opportunity to put the word out here.

and another guy, who appears to be a founding member of this site, chimes in with "Adios".
That would be me.
My comment was posted after you said you'd not be back.
What you do, or don't do, with your engine is of no interest to me.
If you want, I'll be glad to move the thread to the "for sale" forum.
That will require a price and contact info.
Your choice.

Wow, this is what this site has come to? This guy came here to try to locate a fellow turbo buick guy and all he gets is bashed. Why, because he posted in the "wrong" section. I had yelled at for the same thing when I came onto this site, maybe the site is laid out wrong if so many people can't find a place the seems appropriate for their post. For as many of the purists that are on here bashing folks for what they do to their cars, you would think that everyone would be all for getting a numbers matching car together again. Now I remember why I rarely ever post on this site anymore, all anyone does around here is talk trash. I hope all of the leg work this guy has put in pays off at the end and makes someone happy.
There are rules to forum
People should follow them and have respect.
I was polite and nice to him
You seem too sensitive not sure you can handle posting on the board by this post you sent out.
But hey its america.
And the internet is sometimes tough to understand.
Guys on here have been on a long while and probably dont like some guy coming in here in the wrong section not following the forum rules that most abide by then saying he will never post on the board again.
Seems like a lack of respect and can piss people off too😉

Ok. First off, thanks to everyone that replied to my message. Now to get down to the business at hand. I spent the time trying to locate the current owner of the car simply to see if there was any interest on their part in reuniting their vehicle with the original powertrain. I didn't join this site or post this message just to try to sell what I have. I thought that people dedicated to this type of car would have a better network of contacts than I do. As for where I posted this message on this site, I looked over the categories for posting and thought that this one would provide a better chance for being noticed by someone that may own the car or knew the owner. If by chance I was able to contact someone that had a connection to the car, and they were at all interested, I would negotiate with them on the purchase price. I do not need to sell but if I did decide to sell, it would be very easy for me to sell what I have locally (Florida). So, if someone does know about the car or owner and wants to make that contact, that would be great. I don't intend to post on this site again and will continue to search for info elsewhere.
Thanks again to everyone for their input.
Did you read the rules of the forum?
Can you read?
You obviously didnt read the the responses because you keep at it.
Asking the same questions in the wrong section
To an audience of a couple of people at this point.