Orange constant wire getting no power.

GNbythebay

I been trying to figure this out for a week now and I’m at the point where If I can’t figure it out this weekend I am going to have to take it to a shop :mad:. My trunk, interior, and hood lights do not work. I checked all the fuses and they are good. Also checked the orange wire and it’s getting no power. I really don’t know how to fix this pain! I was told it could maybe be one of the fuseable links on the starter but I’m not sure how to check if they are bad plus not to sure what a fuseable link even is. If someone could help and save me from taking her to a shop that would be great!

told you to check it already ... cig clk fuse ... you need to have power at both sides of fuse .. use a test light and touch the contact on the outside of fuse and you need a solid connection to fuse at both sides ..pull fuse and check terminals in the box

cig-clk fuse.jpg
fuse block.jpg

Orange wire on power wire at bat has no power were ?? Before and after the fuseable link or at the ecu

If it's not the cig lighter/clock fuse, as pacecarta clued you in on, it sounds as if it's a starter fusible link issue. It gets REALLY hot in that area. Burns up all kinda stuff.

Just get under the car and look at the wires going to the starter, you'll probably see if you any have heat damage upon immediate inspection. It's usually not hard to see.

Additionally and expanding on pacecarta's advice, the cig lighter connector on the bottom of the socket is a bugger, too.

It might have somehow grounded out to some metal under it, pull it out of it's space and make sure it's not you're culprit.

Last edited: