Options for radio??

There was, but IIRC he was fixing blown caps and adding an aux input.

Which is fine, but not really up-to-date.

What's old is new again. Just like vinyl records showing up the last few years.
Mark my words, 8-tracks are going to comeback BIG so get your 8-track suitcase to
store them in while you can. :LOL:
Seriously though, I wonder how many accidents there has been with all these newfangled units that
do everything with people farting around with them while driving.
I'd take one like Guy has any day over them.

What's old is new again. Just like vinyl records showing up the last few years.
Mark my words, 8-tracks are going to comeback BIG so get your 8-track suitcase to
store them in while you can. :LOL:
Seriously though, I wonder how many accidents there has been with all these newfangled units that
do everything with people farting around with them while driving.
I'd take one like Guy has any day over them.
Likely a lot.

Still absolutely undecided which way to go here.

Anyway quick question. The fixed antennas aren’t usually a problem are they? The radio in there now only seems to get one station. Just wondering if there’s something else to look in to?

Fixed antenna's seldom are a problem, but it can't hurt to check the coax cable.

Man I’ll be damned if I can make up my mind. Best case scenario I use a factory radio with Bluetooth and maybe a small amp to run the 4 speakers.

Man I’ll be damned if I can make up my mind. Best case scenario I use a factory radio with Bluetooth and maybe a small amp to run the 4 speakers.

Unless someone is a real audiophile that's a great idea. And a perfect fit in the dash.
Then fire up some CCR or Beatles, Beach Boys, etc.

I ran a line level converter off the rear speaker wires to a 20 watt (rms) X2 Crutchfield amp mounted to the bottom side of the rear deck and some 4X 10 Pyle Drivers for a while.
It boosted the bottom end enough to almost thump, sounded like quadraphonic from the drivers seat. I have the concert sound system and it was enough for me……….. for a while.

Something like this Boss amp might work. It has speaker level inputs, usb charging and mp3/ smartphone input and Bluetooth input.
I couldn’t find the specs for total harmonic distortion or efficiency (signal to noise ratio) but the last boss amp I check on was descent.
Cheaper amps try to sound big with big numbers, but rms power is generally half of max power. Dividend by 4 channels and not so huge.

With an amp you can upgrade the speakers to some infinity reference series. They’re very efficient and sound good at a reasonable price. You could get some 6x9’s with adapters for the rear deck to add more punch as well.

I had a Bluetooth amp that I'd just use my phone with and then had speakers going to the amp in a 65 Malibu a few years ago. I'm thinking I'll do that again and leave my headunit in place and not use it. Amp technology over the last few years have really put out some cool features