Options for moving all the wires off the alternator positive terminal

dyermullet

Has anyone come up with a good solution to add an auxilary positive terminal under the hood. I want to get all these added on and "hotwire" circuits off the alternator and get the wiring off the engine. Most of the things I have found on summit or just in general have bad reviews, or they don't have a real high amperage rating.

A heavy duty version of this would be ideal: http://www.madelectrical.com/catalog/cn-1.shtml

Has anyone come up with a good solution to add an auxilary positive terminal under the hood. I want to get all these added on and "hotwire" circuits off the alternator and get the wiring off the engine. Most of the things I have found on summit or just in general have bad reviews, or they don't have a real high amperage rating.
A heavy duty version of this would be ideal: http://www.madelectrical.com/catalog/cn-1.shtml
This is what I did on my GN. I moved all the power feed wires off of the starter and mounted a junction block behind the coil pack. Ran the hot wire from the alternator to the junction block which eliminated the wire that runs under the front of the engine to the battery. I then ran a heavy cable from the junction block to the battery. Works great. My ignition voltage reading on my scan tool never goes below 13.7 volts. P1010384.JPG

Thanks.

Where did you get that junction box? I like that it has a heavy terminal not a numer 10 like the one I linked.
I have a few similar that I robbed off 90's chevy pickup that also include a fuse, I am considering using one of them.

These we all good suggestions thanks.

On simular topic. I have used up all my good quality insulated crimp connectors. I don't remember where I bought them. Looking for both insulated ones and the insulated that can heat shrink to seal.

Any suggestions on that. I am thinning I should try marine store.

Their is a west marine near by I will stop in this weekend and look and the terminals.

Racetronix has the red Delco junction boxes for $10 and he includes a nice 10ga wire with it.

Thumbs up on Caspers kit for relocating the positive leads. I have one that I never installed and going to be using on my T-type when I put the motor back in this spring.

I am going to move the secondary pump and fuel injector pwr wires over the the passenger side to run off the same relay box. Will it make any difference having the pwr source for the fuel pump and injectors coming off the junction box vs the back of the alternator?

I ran a power wire from the batt over to where the washer reservoir was for my relays fuel fuel pump and fan etc. Used a marine fused junction box and converted the ground side to be switched ign sources for my relays that need that.