Opportunity...

gpadilla1071

I have this opportunity to open a business and I have this dilema:

1. Should I go for a Spanish/American restaraunt or,

2. Should I open a car shop that specializes in repair/tuning Turbo Buick and any other Turbo vehicle out there...

The restaraunt idea is good and cheaper to get started but it quite a bit of work, you know hygene inspections, always cleaning, etc.

The car shop I don't have to be so clean and the main goal is to keep car running good and have a good rep.

So, if you had this opportunity what would be more appealing? I put it on this Forum just to get a local point of view since we all live near by each other and know more or less what's needed.

Thanks.

German

Buicks are falling off. Now they have the net to ask questions and so forth. Even people who know nothing about a motor or trans can do them in their own back yard.. may blow up in a day BUT thats how they learn :eek: I did this as a business since 1989 .. I am retired now I think :rolleyes: I'd go with a restaurant .. hmmm thinking here.. I don't think its the right time to do that either. Economy is down and people are not goin out as much .. We eat out a lot and see business is way off for the places we go to.. good luck :cool:

I would just do a repair shop not specializing in any particular make or model.....they are big business in my neck of the woods.

I would look around your area to see what the demographic is like....

In my area, performance shops have gone extinct. There used to be 5 in town and in the last 3yrs they have all closed up shop. Just not enough modders to pay the bills.

Restaraunts on the other hand... they're springing up like weeds and all seem to be doing well. People have to eat... they don't have to mod their cars (well... normal people at least:tongue: ). I'd go for the restaraunt.

Good luck which ever way you go.

In this area there is a lots of restaraunts and definetly love to eat:biggrin: I'm somewhat 60/40 towards the restaraunt and I'm thinking in waiting just a little longer until the general elections are over. At least then I will get an idea on how the economy will turn out to be...

Thanks all for your advice!

German

Neither the economy is sloooow. Wait a while and see. Private auto repair is TOUGH!!!

Well if you were to go with the spanish restaurant what type of spanish food would you specialize in? Im all for some good spanish food, especially for some good home cooked dominican food. On the other hand it would be nice to have a shop where i can take my care to get fixed by some knowledgable people.
Keep us posted on what you decide and when the grand opening will be, ill def be there.

Well if you were to go with the spanish restaurant what type of spanish food would you specialize in? Im all for some good spanish food, especially for some good home cooked dominican food. On the other hand it would be nice to have a shop where i can take my care to get fixed by some knowledgable people.
Keep us posted on what you decide and when the grand opening will be, ill def be there.

It will be mainly Puertorican food, some american (e.g. burgers, dogs, fries, etc). I was thinkg of maybe doing both as well. Just imagine a shop that has a nice place to eat while you wait for your vehicle to get repaired. Most of the shops offer coffee and a vending machine. Now imagine when the food is cooking and all the good smell coming out of the kitchen... mmmmmmmmmmmm yummy!! :biggrin: Anyhow, my wife and I are really looking around big time. So I'll let you all know...

German

It will be mainly Puertorican food, some american (e.g. burgers, dogs, fries, etc). I was thinkg of maybe doing both as well. Just imagine a shop that has a nice place to eat while you wait for your vehicle to get repaired. Most of the shops offer coffee and a vending machine. Now imagine when the food is cooking and all the good smell coming out of the kitchen... mmmmmmmmmmmm yummy!! :biggrin: Anyhow, my wife and I are really looking around big time. So I'll let you all know...

German

As long as it looks like its two separate businesses it could work.

But the economy is ugly now to start a business. Around here we are already starting to see less and less restaurant and bar traffic and a few big well established marinas are down sizing, people are just holding on to their money to pay for the essentials.
Put it like this we had at least 8 customers cancel their sprinkler turn-on for this year and two of them are/whir fanatical about their lawns the last few years. When we asked them why no turn on they said they whir “trying to save on the water bill”
What ever you decide I wish you the best of luck Dude.

If you do the turbo shop you have my business! It just so happens that I'm looking for a TB mechanic right now.

Hola

Do the Spanish thing. We're all going to be speaking it soon....:eek:

Adios amigo.

restaurant

Do the Spanish thing. We're all going to be speaking it soon....:eek:

Adios amigo.

lol si senor oye chico arroz con frijoles con churrasco (skirt steak)we gotta eat good don't know if you guys ever ate here but this is the real deal !;)
Texas de Brazil ,go for the restaurant ! oh btw the EPA and all those code enforcements for auto shops are a nightmare, my buddies gets harassed all the time the walk into his shop like if they own the place !:mad:

I vote neither. Look at how many restaurants are out of business within five years!

How about you keep your job, and meddle with Buicks on the side? That way you can still do it for fun. If you do it full-time, you'll grow to hate the work.

-Bob C.