opinions on what mid to late 2000 car to buy

I own a used car dealership and have been doing it 18 years.

In your price range you will buy a nicer Impala, Lesabre type car for your money than a Camry. Not knocking the Camry or Honda but since everyone thinks they're the best car on the road they bring higher prices.

I personally would hunt down a 2006 or newer Impala with a 3.5 or 3.9. Great engines, intake problem is not an issue like the 3.8 or 3.4

30+ mpg on the highway and I haven't had any tranny issues with my customers. I think it's a great bang for the buck. If you can find a nice Leasbre you can't go wrong there either. They all have 3800's

Biggest issues you have in the GM platforms we are talking about is, wheel bearings, window regulators and just the normal stuff.

I have yet to drive by any new car dealership that didn't have a service department or a parts department. They all break.

Good luck in your search.

Bison, what year is your park ave?
I have 2. Both 97. My wife drives the ultra. Assuming I have $8000 into them both including all maintenance, repairs, and fuel at $3 per gallon and overall 22mpg over 330,000 driven I'm into them for 16 cents per mile and assuming they are worth nothing now. If I sold both tomorrow for $2500 it would drop operating cost to 15.3 cents per mile over the total time owned. Even if you didn't know anything about cars couldn't fix anything yourself and were into them for $16000 it would still only be 18.4 cents a mile assuming no current value

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome, a friend had a 98 ultra that went 413k still ran when he parked it, just needed a third tranny...Mike

I work at a very large gm dealership in the service department.we take in all kinds of cars.I see allot of gm with the 3.8 series 1 thur 3 run well past 300k as long as you take care of general maint.I also own a 02 lesabre and a 97 park ave both with over 200k that are running smooth as hell.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

My park ave ultra has 248000 and I drive hard. Couldn't kill it. Peppy and really comfortable and gas milage is great. Way better than my 04 Rainer. That truck drinks.. Idk I love keeping it all buick

thanks for all the suggenstions..still not sure what we want. something newer than 05 but man after doing research the toyotas and hondas have oil consumption issues, I dont mind doing the nickel dime stuff but dont want engine or trans issues. thanks