opinions appreciated

berserker6

Assistant to the regional manager
Couple questions. As it sits now it's on moog springs, Bilsteins and boxed stock lowers.
Bilsteins will be replaced with new Bilsteins.
At a minimum all bushings back there are in dire need of replacement and will also be replaced.
For a car that's 100% street driven (but on sticky Mickey Thompsons) and will never see a track would there be enough of a benefit to replacing upper and lower control arms? If so any particular brand or model? And if it happens to be a vendor here then even better. Thanx in advance

Couple questions. As it sits now it's on moog springs, Bilsteins and boxed stock lowers.
Bilsteins will be replaced with new Bilsteins.
At a minimum all bushings back there are in dire need of replacement and will also be replaced.
For a car that's 100% street driven (but on sticky Mickey Thompsons) and will never see a track would there be enough of a benefit to replacing upper and lower control arms? If so any particular brand or model? And if it happens to be a vendor here then even better. Thanx in advance

Yes! I changed everything and it made a HUGE difference! Handling, bumpsteer etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IMOP depends on your cash flow mainly , if never going to the track boxed control arms are just fine, new bushings will be night and day start there and can always do more if not satisfied , so its all what you really want to spend

I just replaced my upper/lower controls with new poly bushings, along with a new pro-touring swaybar and shock tower brace and it really stiffened up the rear for sure. Check out UMI Performance/Spohn.

Thanx for getting back so quickly everyone. I guess I'll take the staged approach like grass doctor suggested.
Replace Bilsteins and all bushings in the rear and see how it feels.
Then move on to the front.

Thanx for getting back so quickly everyone. I guess I'll take the staged approach like grass doctor suggested.
Replace Bilsteins and all bushings in the rear and see how it feels.
Then move on to the front.

I did that, and ended up replacing everything with UMI stuff.
Just make sure you are not going to replace and then change your mind.
I will say the bilsteins ride well.

I just replaced my upper/lower controls with new poly bushings, along with a new pro-touring swaybar and shock tower brace and it really stiffened up the rear for sure. Check out UMI Performance/Spohn.
That was my other roadblock, if I were to replace the arms which brand? Too many choices. UMI and Spohn are names I know but have no experience with. And like I said earlier if it can be from a vendor even better. I try to keep it in the Buick family

I did that, and ended up replacing everything with UMI stuff.
Just make sure you are not going to replace and then change your mind.
I will say the bilsteins ride well.

If I'm putting out $$$ for uppers, lowers, and shocks there will be no changing of the mind. Snd FWIW ride quality isnt too much of a concern. If anything I would prefer a stiffer ride as opposed to a bouncy/floaty ride.

I run UMI control arms and unfortunately, I don't believe any of our vendors sell their products, but I could be wrong about that. I just ordered mine direct from them. Spohn can be purchased through Gbodyparts and Cottons. Good luck with your build.

If I'm putting out $$$ for uppers, lowers, and shocks there will be no changing of the mind. Snd FWIW ride quality isnt too much of a concern. If anything I would prefer a stiffer ride as opposed to a bouncy/floaty ride.

I went with FRONT :UMI lowers and uppers w/ proforged tall balljoints, aldan american front coilovers and UMI sway bar

Prothan body bushings

REAR: metco motorsports uppers and lowers, umi sway bar and about to install rear aldan american coilovers. I have beltech street shocks and 1.5 drop coils now.
126dab636bc4fddb40a1b18c56b9d3dc.jpg

aee695417036e96ed77cba2dc360fe63.jpg
f76a2fab9c1cea19d815644dad6a3a70.jpg

Another question. Looking at UMI or any brand for that matter do I "need" the adjustable uppers for my application? Being street driven and all.

I went with FRONT :UMI lowers and uppers w/ proforged tall balljoints, aldan american front coilovers.

Prothan body bushings

REAR: metco motorsports uppers and lowers, umi sway bar and about to install rear aldan american coilovers. I have beltech street shocks and 1.5 drop coils now.
126dab636bc4fddb40a1b18c56b9d3dc.jpg

aee695417036e96ed77cba2dc360fe63.jpg
f76a2fab9c1cea19d815644dad6a3a70.jpg

that looks great geezy

I'm not even thinking about the front of the car this sec. That's where the money becomes an issue. Right now its all about the rear.

Sweet man! Good looking car too.

Thanks! Didnt handle great until I added the umi stuff especially after the rear sway. I have the strut bar in the mail and should arrive any day now

I will be doing mine soon but ill be staying with stock style rubber bushings wanna keep the stock Buick feel as I am mostly just a cruiser LOL , have rode in cars with polys little to stiff for me , and sometimes if not done right they squeak , just what I like anyways GL

I've been having to do something about the rear for awhile now but didn't realize how bad it was til recently.
1. Once I get up to a speed where tire spin is no longer an issue the rear starts doing weird things under heavy boost. Like its wallowing back and forth.
2. All 4 corners squeak like an old rocking chair.
3. And the straw that broke the camels back is if I push down on the rear it stays down. If I pull up on the rear it stays up. I kind of have adjustable ride height hehe