OOPS...........I DID IT AGAIN!!!!!

Bruce Urie

The Ventures,CCR forever!
Yep, I did it again.....a lot of my friends here on the forum remember me from way back a while when I posted the pictures of the right tail light assembly from my '87 GN I dropped on the garage floor and busted it all to pieces.....I had just finishes polishing the lens, painting the trim black, and installed Scot W.'s beautiful LED lights in it (Thanks again, Scot....they are B-E-A---UTIFUL!!!) Had to go through all the trouble of getting a new tail light assembly and trim. Yada, yada!

So, this time, as you can see from the pictures below, I had hung up a high performance harmonic balancer that I was going to paint and install it on my '69 Corvette. The garage bathroom is heated, so I wanted the balancer to reach 60 degree and higher temperature for paint.....so, like an idiot, I hung it on the rod I put over the sink.....of course, soon as I let go, the ten pound balancer fell and crashed right through the sink!!!! Yes, sir. Did a great job! One big fricken hole, boy!!!! Nice job there, Brucie, boy, nice job!

So, I though I'd share with you guys that my clumsiness is still not over.....not as long as I'm alive. Plus, later, I'll share another disaster I created earlier. (with pictures!)

Learn from me.

Bruce '87 Grand National

The rod over the sink,

DSC_0304.JPG

The nice hole in the sink.
DSC_0308.JPG

Close-up of the nice hole.......ah...don't you just LOVE competent mechanics??
DSC_0306.JPG

Thanks Bruce, after a "hard" day I needed a good laugh, and I can always depend on you make me aware that I did not have such a bad day after all! :)

Look at the bright side Bruce............you could have been washing your hair..:confused:

Thanks Bruce, after a "hard" day I needed a good laugh, and I can always depend on you make me aware that I did not have such a bad day after all! :)

It's good to know that I can still make my friends happy, Nick. Glad to be of service!(y) I'm known for doing thourough jobs, you know. Can't get any more thourough than this.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Bruce I guess if it wasn't for bad luck you might not have any luck at all !!!

Did it fall before or after the paint job ?

Bruce don't feel bad. I cut two trees down(big suckers), one went exactly where I wanted it to. The other went onto my deck and swimming pool $6200 worth of damage. Shortly after that I rear ends a women on the way to work with my freshly painted Monte SS. I was looking for my cell phone! Yup I can be an idiot:)

Also put my truck in a ditch before that because of the snow $1400 worth of damage. And prior to that in August hit a dear with the same truck!

Thanks Bruce I was having a day like that yesterday and thought that it only happened to me:eek: Days like that make me consider a new hobby then I have a couple pops and back in the game;)

Why would you jump out of a good plane??;)

"Good plane"?
If you ever met the guy who does the maintenance on the planes, you'd be wearing a chute too.;) Heck, even the pilot keeps one next to him.

Mike B.

Bruce don't feel bad. I cut two trees down(big suckers), one went exactly where I wanted it to. The other went onto my deck and swimming pool $6200 worth of damage. Shortly after that I rear ends a women on the way to work with my freshly painted Monte SS. I was looking for my cell phone! Yup I can be an idiot:)

Also put my truck in a ditch before that because of the snow $1400 worth of damage. And prior to that in August hit a dear with the same truck!

Love to rear end me a lady b4 work :whistle:

Yep, I did it again.....a lot of my friends here on the forum remember me from way back a while when I posted the pictures of the right tail light assembly from my '87 GN I dropped on the garage floor and busted it all to pieces.....I had just finishes polishing the lens, painting the trim black, and installed Scot W.'s beautiful LED lights in it (Thanks again, Scot....they are B-E-A---UTIFUL!!!) Had to go through all the trouble of getting a new tail light assembly and trim. Yada, yada!

So, this time, as you can see from the pictures below, I had hung up a high performance harmonic balancer that I was going to paint and install it on my '69 Corvette. The garage bathroom is heated, so I wanted the balancer to reach 60 degree and higher temperature for paint.....so, like an idiot, I hung it on the rod I put over the sink.....of course, soon as I let go, the ten pound balancer fell and crashed right through the sink!!!! Yes, sir. Did a great job! One big fricken hole, boy!!!! Nice job there, Brucie, boy, nice job!

So, I though I'd share with you guys that my clumsiness is still not over.....not as long as I'm alive. Plus, later, I'll share another disaster I created earlier. (with pictures!)

Learn from me.

Bruce '87 Grand National

The rod over the sink,

View attachment 217282
The nice hole in the sink.View attachment 217283

Close-up of the nice hole.......ah...don't you just LOVE competent mechanics??View attachment 217284

It was probably the chevy towel and balancer feeling inadequate around the Buick and trying to get out of town;)

Great comment! Of course, the Vettes falling in the sinkhole at the museum. Good one, and smart thinking!
Made me laugh hard.:LOL:

Bruce '87 Grand National

Except when the harmonic balancers fell in the "sink-hole" at the museum they took the rest of the car with them......
In that regard maybe you have a little good luck on your side.....