One piece bumper/fillers

Will this have a metal support of some sort for crash purposes or just another fiberglass bumper that will fall apart if you hit something Chris?
These will be A race set up. to add any thing to help when you hit something would add to much wight for what we are trying to do.

These will be A race set up. to add any thing to help when you hit something would add to much wight for what we are trying to do.

Not hitting things is strongly recommended with our cars anyway, no nudging your way into a parallel parking spot OK !:p

That's what I wanted to be sure of. I'm sure some of the guys will try these on a street car.:eek:

Huh ? never thought about it, that might be breaking some silly safety rule,"RACE CARS ONLY" wink wink

I plan on using my FMIC as the auxillary safety impact device......We don't need no stinkin rules !

Huh ? never thought about it, that might be breaking some silly safety rule,"RACE CARS ONLY" wink wink

I plan on using my FMIC as the auxillary safety impact device......We don't need no stinkin rules !

All you'd need to do is put some aluminum tubing in it so it would attach to the bumper shocks.

Does it mount only to the fender ends ? I thought I saw mention of mounting to the shock location like a FG bumper.

You're right, but if you took some thick walled 1.5" aluminum and used 2 pipes you could run it full legnth with a slight curve to it and you'd get some safety if you drive it on the street. Might keep you out of trouble in the end, but not by much.:)

You're right, but if you took some thick walled 1.5" aluminum and used 2 pipes you could run it full legnth with a slight curve to it and you'd get some safety if you drive it on the street. Might keep you out of trouble in the end, but not by much.:)

OK, short track car style, it may help for a bump in the garage to prevent cracking the FG, but that is probably about it, if it proves to be needed to prevent movement at speed then I would definitely fab one, maybe glass it in.
Any pics of the extended airdam version I would assume we could mount the factory airdams or some alum fabbed units to it also.
Kind of like having that opening in the middle for jack access !

We will offer them both ways with and without the bumper lights. And yes you can still use you bumper supports. !

Since they can use the stock supports, can you show us a picture of the backside of the bumpers to see how this is accomplished? Thanks!!

Here is a question if it bolts to the stock supports and to the body what happens when the body and frame flex?
Chris

At this point in your game I would hope you have addressed body frame flex is several ways, bushing and brace kits, and or cage, remember this is slated as RACE pc.

I have all the above but when you are mounting something that can take no flex at all seems like it could be a issue Race or not. In fact race would probably be worse twisting the frame on launches than street driving! I really like the look and design just hate to pay a good amount for them and have them stress cracking!
Chris

I have all the above but when you are mounting something that can take no flex at all seems like it could be a issue Race or not. In fact race would probably be worse twisting the frame on launches than street driving! I really like the look and design just hate to pay a good amount for them and have them stress cracking!
Chris

Maybe a thicker unit for those of us who may want to intall on our "show cars" on the street ?
A few pounds more would still be better than what we have now.

It would need something i think but even with poly mounts they still flex some and some it to much for fiberglass. Some real world testing should prove that right or wrong!
Chris

I'm in the process if makeing A brace that will come from were they bolt to the front finder and up to the front bumper. That should do away with any issue with the flexing. That way you would never have to use the bumper supports. As soon as I done with it I will put some pic up.

We are in the process!

Hey guys,

I have started a composites company about 6 months ago, we are specializing in G-body parts.

We already have the malibu stuff finished.

We have a 78 cutlass in the shop doing all the glass parts for that.

We are doing regal and Grand national doors now, and are getting ready to do our Outlaw Regal/Grand National bumper and Valance!

If I get enough interest I will push the bumpers forward.

Contact Eric 772-559-4928

Here are some malibu pictures

View attachment 151361View attachment 151362

I am in for a set please let me know how this is going< i only read first page have to leave for work,so i will read more later,maybe these are made already---

Dusty & Chris - looking good. I had been thinking of embarking on something similar - thanks for doing the work for me. Count me in on a front and rear.

Right now it will be a 1 piece air dam and will be 1" lower than the current 1 piece air dam. If someone wants the lower air dam to be two piece they would just use their stock pieces.