Oncenter stage II

TurboCrazy

Turbo on the brain!
OK, putting one of my on-center stage IIs together. I have misplaced my folder with all my notes, facts, and tibits
of info. Do I have to mill 0.120" off the front cover or not? It has been 3 yrs. or more since I messed with my stageII stuff, so with out my notes I just can't remember. Can someone refresh my memory on how the front of the motor stacks up? TIA

OK, putting one of my on-center stage IIs together. I have misplaced my folder with all my notes, facts, and tibits
of info. Do I have to mill 0.120" off the front cover or not? It has been 3 yrs. or more since I messed with my stageII stuff, so with out my notes I just can't remember. Can someone refresh my memory on how the front of the motor stacks up? TIA

Or make a .120 spacer for the crank pulley. When you mill the front cover, then you will have to play the cam/dist alignment.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

Billy's suggestion is much, much easier. Run down to Ace Hardware with a micrometer and find a 1 3/16 washer that is as close to 0.125 thick as you can find. Once you find one, you will need to cut a notch in it to clear the keyway

Billy's suggestion is much, much easier. Run down to Ace Hardware with a micrometer and find a 1 3/16 washer that is as close to 0.125 thick as you can find. Once you find one, you will need to cut a notch in it to clear the keyway

I done this on mine. Spacer between ballancer and crank gear, also spacer for oil pump drive. Leave the cover alone since there is probably not enough material thickness to cut .120 anyway.

Allan G.

If you don't cut the cover and space out the ballancer, you also must space out the oil pump drive to properly align it.

Thanks guys! Got this part covered. I had forgotten how much more difficult it is putting a Stage II motor together. I still love assembling motors, though. Now, on to others issues.

turbo bitt If you don't cut the cover and space out the ballancer, you also must space out the oil pump drive to properly align it.

Are you referring to an external pump?

does it matter if it a SII or production style cover?
I heard if you mill it then you dont have to play with dizzy alignment? :confused:

Thanks Steve

I'm refering to production cover. If you mill the cover, you may not worry about the dizzy alignment but then you have to mess with the pully alignment. This is why I chose to space the ballancer out. The accessory drive is in alignment.

Are you referring to an external pump?

does it matter if it a SII or production style cover?
I heard if you mill it then you dont have to play with dizzy alignment? :confused:

Thanks Steve