Once upon a Supercar Sunday...

Spetzna1

7:30 am Sunday. Cloudy with a cool 50 degrees. Just filled up with 100 octane and cruising towards Supercar Sunday out in Woodland Hills, CA.

Merged onto the 101 Fwy and something light green in the rear view mirror catches my attention. A light green GTR leading a black GTR accompanied by a gray 350z. Looks like its going to be Nissan day at Supercar Sunday (over 30 GTRs showed up).

The light green GTR sees me pull past traffic and starts to real me in quick. I back off the throttle and wait for him to catch up. He flies by me growling and howling with full fury.

Yes, I know what I am up against and he is way faster than me. He slows down and I give him a thumbs up as I pull away hard to let him know that I wont go down easy. I back off and check my rear view. The light green GTR is back in the Nissan formation.

I can picture a smerk on his face as he sends in his 350z wingman to finish off my lonely Turbo T. I check my six and see the 350z pull hard to catch up. I gradually slow to 65 mph and here he comes.

He pulls up on my left, looking me over as his prey and potential kill. I look over and see the stickers on his side, as though war paint to instill fear.

Traffic is up ahead so no go for now. We both are cruising and waiting for traffic to clear up. And here it comes...the last car ahead pulls to the side leaving both our lanes free.

He jumps the throttle and catches me with half a car and starts to pull away.... I punch it...The body flexes (crossing my mind for the hundredth time is the fact that I still need to get those seat braces)..The T-tops creek..The boost kicks in..A glance at the Scanmaster shows no KR and we are a go!

I catch up as the 350z is all in and then start to gracefully pull ahead. At a car and a half I back off and let him roll by as though he was going down in flames.

Exited Topanga and stopped at the light. The light Green GTR pulled up next to me, but we both knew better as there is a large LAPD presence around the event. I complimented the driver on his ride and he nodded back.

Slowly taking off, the black GTR (who was hanging back the whole time) pulls up giving me a thumbs up and a compliment on my ride. Had a chance to meet and talk to him at the event. Turned out to be a cool car guy that knew and respected Turbo Buicks.

Nice kill and a very well written post.
We need to hear more. Those poor guys in the North, desperately need stories like this to keep them warm and motivated to work on their cars, while they're snowed in for the winter.:eek: