Once again. I HATE THIS FU**ING CAR!!!!!

87we410877

So its my long time friends wedding today and everyone is taking their rat rods, hot rods, muscle cars. So, i go out to start my GN and dead battery. Charge it up and the motor cranks and cranks and hydralocks every few cranks and kills teh battery again. Charge it up again and it finally start after about 15 seconds of cranking and hydralocking. Runs like crap so i change the plugs. Brand new autolite 103s. Decide to put the wiper motor back in in case it rains. Get that in which is almost impossible to get to the bottom bolt, turn it on and that doesnt work. Whatever no big deal. Get in the car, cranks and hydralocks a few times then the starter just goes and doesnt come out onto the flywheel. Smaked it with a hammer a bunch of times while i had someone cranking it and it still wont come out. Its a brand new mini starter from DB electric. Well needless to say the cars not going to the wedding and im Fu ** ing pissed.

WHo wants to buy it?

87we410877 Those mini starters can not take any "hydralocking" type drags when wheeling the engine over. They break almost imediatly and do exactly what you say yours is doing now. Sounds like your cam sensor is way out of adjustment. It will have to be sent out and repaired or get a new one. Sorry to add more good news to your messed up day.:(

They can be a PITA at times, but when they run right its a sweet time. Have fun at the wedding and tomorrow buy a bigger hammer.:biggrin:

They can be a PITA at times, but when they run right its a sweet time. Have fun at the wedding and tomorrow buy a bigger hammer.:biggrin:

Wedding is today. I just got back from the Church and wanted to change teh started before the reception so i could at least drive it there. Go the old one out, it was cracked right down the middle. Started putting the other one in and dropped it on my finger. Had to get two stiches according to the doctor but i dont have time for that so i superglued it closed. If only i could superglue the buick!!!

It runs good when it starts so the cam sensor must be correct right? its just starting thats a PITA. Its got a FAST in and i think somethings wacked in there.

If the motor was hydrolocked, you will never be able to crack it over; you'll bend all the rods. In case you don't know what hydrolocked is, the cylinders are filled with water and/ or fuel. And you can't compress a liquid.

I would looking into your FAST program to correct the issue.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

If you whacked that mini starter with a hammer chances are you broke the permant magnets inside, But at least you did that after it took a $hit.

+1 on the fast, try to take some fuel out of it on start up