On the fence

If it doesn't cost anything to own it, keep it. Meaning.......Cars are loosing investment. And you never going to recoup your money if you sell it. But if you don't sell it, you still have the car. If you do sell it, you loose money. If you start another project, you loose even more. If you can keep it wrapped up in the garage indefinitely, and it doesn't cost to store it, then just forget you own it for a while. Go back to it over time and when you feel inspired. If you don't have the money or time, leave it alone. Just forget about it if needed.

All this above changes if you need instant money for family health, progression and well being, of course.

But otherwise, some day, you just may find yourself close to completion. Then some day you may find within yourself that last bit of eagerness to blast out the final touches.

I have done this. It worked for me. I walked away from my car for a few years back in the early 2000's. I decided I would go out more often, socialize, run around with sleazy women, party and generally spend more money recklessly. And boy, was it fun.

When I was done, the Buick was waiting.

Take a step back, the world has everyone freaked out. Still no better car for the $ and they are like no other. Lots of other cars but they are all V8s and similar in many ways. People that sell usually regret or wish they could buy another. At least finish and drive it a few times then make a decision. Just my 2 cents.

True, I have been stock piling parts for a long time now. I’d sell it for the right amount of cash or maybe a 83 Hurst/Olds. This sickness going around is a pain in the rear and getting tired of wearing a mask and everything being closed.

Hmmnn.. You'd have time for an Olds, but not for the Buick?
The Olds = an unknown quantity.
The Buick = a known quantity.
:confused:

I don't understand what the urgency is...."I don’t know if I’ll be able to finish in a timely matter." What's a timely matter mean? If you like it, you keep it. You don't, sell it. I am in a deeper hole than you are in because my car is literally a shell on wheels with absolutely no interior after coming back from the bodyshop. Unless your leaving the earth anytime soon and want to get a bucket list in order, it's a marathon not a sprint. Your already doing things right. Continue doing that over time and the end result is that much sweeter. This is my reality and I am unfazed. It will take as long as it does to do it right. No time table. But when it's done.... you will see that there are levels to this that not many do.
IMG_20200422_1211101.jpg
IMG_20200220_1951215.jpg
IMG_20200217_1938313.jpg

Today I installed door harnesses and adjusted the glass on both sides. After installing and fixing my doors, I drove it around the block, that put a smile on my face today

After driving it today, really put a smile on my face to get it up to speed and burning rubber. Been thinking for a while and I’m gonna pull the trigger and buy a turbo T limited to put next to my GN ( yup that’s right another turbo 6). Gonna look for a clean, super low mileage and stock T.

After driving it today, really put a smile on my face to get it up to speed and burning rubber. Been thinking for a while and I’m gonna pull the trigger and buy a turbo T limited to put next to my GN ( yup that’s right another turbo 6). Gonna look for a clean, super low mileage and stock T.

Do it! Not the best pic, but hopefully this helps further motivate you. 87 Limited Turbo T parked next to my 87 GN. I find myself on several occasions during the week, stopping and opening up the door to my garage just to stare. Forget Dr Phil! Who needs therapy when you've got TRs? Plus, don't worry if your projects stall out and the GN sits, you may end up in a better place. Reason being every year new technology comes out. Now, instead of wanting to buy the latest/newest part because its technology advanced, you only end up buying it once. Had life and responsibilities not gotten in my way, I would probably be building the third or fourth reiteration of my Limited. Like ttypewhite said, "it's a marathon, not a sprint." Enjoy the journey and those you meet along the way. #Goals

Power_Seat_UpDown_Clip.jpg

There was a time whet you couldn’t even dream about recouping the cost to build a hot rod. They certainly weren’t investments. So you have to build/buy what you love! The 83 H/O reference caught my attention. If I was going that direction I’d take pointers from this guy:

I drove an 83 H/O for a few years. Looks cool but kind of an underwhelming driving experience. I was actively searching for one recently when my wife reminded me of that. Reminds me of 1987 when my buddy sold his 83 H/O to purchase his first GN. Anyway an LS H/O would cool!
Completing your build is the right decision.
KID