On the fence

johnnycasx

Hello everyone , hope everyone is staying safe and healthy these days with this pandemic. Been recently contemplating on either to sell my car or keep going on reviving it. In the time I have owned it( since 2013) , I have put almost $25K into it(Bison built engine and trans along with $11K body work and paint). With more time at work and spending time with family I don’t know if I’ll be able to finish in a timely matter. Anyone have thoughts or suggestions?

You've had it 7 years and gone this far, may as well go for home base. What's another year or two.
What's this pandemic you speak? Are you talking about the latest outbreak of libtard stupid? :ROFLMAO:
True, I have been stock piling parts for a long time now. I’d sell it for the right amount of cash or maybe a 83 Hurst/Olds. This sickness going around is a pain in the rear and getting tired of wearing a mask and everything being closed.

True, I have been stock piling parts for a long time now. I’d sell it for the right amount of cash or maybe a 83 Hurst/Olds. This sickness going around is a pain in the rear and getting tired of wearing a mask and everything being closed.

At least now you know what you have, another car might be an even bigger cash investment. Once you drive it you'll feel a lot better about it.
Lol, went to the grocery store today and Ollie's and don't wear the face diaper, no one says anything or bats an eyelash since they're pissed off too. Are we going to wear these stupid "worthless" things the rest of our lives.

You just have to decide what it is your goals are. If it is to make money on a hobby vehicle, you better be doing most of the labor and not keeping track of the hours. Even then I don't think you will come out ahead other than the enjoyment and skillz learned.

That stated, you should have some kind of plan. A hobby generally takes some cash outlay. If this proves to be too much you need a different hobby.

Only you can make the decision to sell or keep. And I know it could be a difficult decision once the money has been sunk into the vehicle.

You just have to decide what it is your goals are. If it is to make money on a hobby vehicle, you better be doing most of the labor and not keeping track of the hours. Even then I don't think you will come out ahead other than the enjoyment and skillz learned.

That stated, you should have some kind of plan. A hobby generally takes some cash outlay. If this proves to be too much you need a different hobby.

Only you can make the decision to sell or keep. And I know it could be a difficult decision once the money has been sunk into the vehicle.
Very true. Been doing all the mechanical work( Bison did the engine and transmission work). I think once I at least get the doors working 100 percent I’ll probably be able to drive it

Imagine if it was trading for a mustang or challenger :LOL:
Its not that. That would make a little more sense to me.

It's just that the Olds is kind of like a make-believe imitation of a bad cartoon from the late 70's . It does nothing well. It's trim package is tacky (even for the 80's). It's performance is lethargic (even for the 80's). it's engine is a performance dead end. It's entire allure is based on the fact that there is a set of knobs on sticks sitting between the seats and a sticker. I mean, what the hell is that?

I'm sorry. I have said it before. I may be a bit of a Buick snob.

Sounds as if you don't love your car ,second to your wife and children ,Love of a TB should fall in the order. If not $hit brewing.
and that will dictate your decision. I have owned mines for 33 years and will die with it.
These cars are addictable ,and will monetary control your life in which you have witness. Go with your gut feeling. But me personally I would keep
if possible.

Sounds as if you don't love your car ,second to your wife and children ,Love of a TB should fall in the order. If not $hit brewing.
and that will dictate your decision. I have owned mines for 33 years and will die with it.
These cars are addictable ,and will monetary control your life in which you have witness. Go with your gut feeling. But me personally I would keep
if possible.
I fell in love with when I bought the car from bob brady, it was running extremely rough and needed work badly but something about it just grabbed my attention. I bought within 20 minutes of driving it. Brought it to a shop Where a power package was shot gunned in but ran like crap again. After letting it sit for 8 months brought it to Bison where he rebuilt/upgraded my engine. Once I drove it, I was beyond happy, just raw power and the experience of going fast hooked me again. Shortly afterwards, dropped it off to a body shop where it was stripped down and painted plus a sourced a rust free set of doors. Took a while but was all done on their end. Life got in the way with marriage and buying a house, then letting it sit in my garage. Proceeded to replace door panels but opened a Pandora’s box of the body shop crappy work. On top of that they lost my antenna. Been ordering parts now and fixing things properly.