old timers time to shine!

baby6

One Fast Buick
Noob here, how do these plugs look to you? May have gotten a little oil on them from my hands, but theh all are equally a light grey/ white just on the end.

Attachments

• 20130910_181452.jpg
    20130910_181452.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 274
Earl you know too much. It does have leaky valve cover gaskets :) and they do have deposits from my turbo takin a dump on me recently, but those plugs have MAYBE 3-4k on them.

I have quite a bit of timing pulled due to the fact that I am running 93 no alky and would like to run 15-16lbs in any conditions as this car is my only vehicle. I also seem to still get random points of KR at times but I believe it is false, because it goes away immediately after I see it.

slap in a new set, beat the crap out of the car then pull the new one's out. Those plugs you pictures are just too crudded up to get any data out of.

I am surprised how much wear is on the electrodes with only 3 o4 thou on them (and the amount of deposits in such a short amount of time).

Well this is stupid again I have very bad success with changing valve cover gaskets, would it be to much to ask for a step by step guide to this problem.
I have looked thru all the post and haven't found enough to figure where I'm wrong.
Earl Brown you always come up with good stuff that a striving idiot can understand
Thanks

1) buy a set of fel pro cork gaskets

2) glue gaskets to valve covers

3) tighten valve covers down daily for a few days

4) after 10+ years, buy new gaskets