DSC09314.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 155
  • DSC09312.jpg
    DSC09312.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 164
  • DSC09317.jpg
    DSC09317.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 168
My old bike, 1988 GT Performer. Started out in life like this BMXmuseum.com Bikes / GT Bicycles / 1988 GT Performer

Now:
0413101623-00.jpg

It has been apart and back together more times then I can count, I rode it so much I wore out every part on the bike at least twice. It was painted 3 times, once black again with Vertigo stickers, and the last time powder coated a totally different paint color. Stock mags are long gone, wore out the hubs :eek:

I just got it all back together, installed a poverty 1 piece crank and new bearing set, new rims, tires, brake pads & cabels, and pedals.
I need to get a new seat this hard plastic one has to go.

I am looking for a part for the brakes that broke long ago which is unique to how the brakes on this bike are set up. Its the part pictured in the following link that connects the cable to the rear brake (the part with the wheel) BMXmuseum.com Bikes / GT Bicycles / 1988 GT Performer If anyone can help let me know. Thanks!

i had a Robinson SST BMX'r and a Diamond Back Mongoose freestyle!!! you guys are bringing back memories!!!

Love me some Old School BMX bikes. I have me a 1983 Mongoose Expert and currently got a 1985 Hutch Pro-Raider I'm building.

Just to let you guy's know, I'm selling my PK RIPPER and my HARO group1 bikes.

They can be seen here in this thread, They are in the first post.

Call for info and price.

This is a lousy pic of my small collection. In the back, frames are GT, Haro, Diamond Back, Schwinn Predator, Team Murray, Redline, Hutch. Pink Hutch is my daughters with small uni seat, mini bars, 1.5" rims, mine is my old Patterson with Ambrosio rims, Sugino (cheap) cranks, the Haro plate is Harry Learys actual plate from 81 or 82.

Is that Pink Hutch a Hollywood?

Hollywood Mike Miranda and 2 others have acquired CW racing and there are Hollywood 25th anniversary frame/fork/bars sets coming this summer. He was at the Rockford show last weekend with the goods.

www.cw-racing.com

Hollywood Mike Miranda and 2 others have acquired CW racing and there are Hollywood 25th anniversary frame/fork/bars sets coming this summer. He was at the Rockford show last weekend with the goods.

CW-Racing

Really? I might have to buy one. I had a Lavender Hollywood when I was younger(loved it) and somebody stole it. :( It still makes my blood boil everytime I think about it.

Getting ready to start on the bikes for the boys...

K.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 104
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 101
I still have my 87 Mongonse Decade, although it needs restored now. Loved that bike, did all kinds of tricks on it, rode it everywhere, and picked up all kids of bruises/cuts with it! Most of my friends had GT Performers or Performer Pros, they were nice bikes too.

One day I'll strip and rebuild the Decade, have a nice big powder coating oven I'm itching to try. Can you still get decals from Mongoose?

My favorite bike was a 85-87 GT Pro Performer that I always had in the trunk of my Chevy II. I tried to freestyle it, but coordination isn't one of my high points. :) One night I had it out and a guy asked me if he could try it out. Next thing I know he came past us with a foot on the seat and the other on the handlebars. I sold it in the late 90's.

On my way home to night I picked up a Dyno Air that was on the side of the road for sale. Anybody know anything about them?

here's what I have been rebuilding, a 95 GT Mini for my son (he's 3) I got it as nearly scrap and fully disassembled it, repolished everything, regreased and replaced; tires, tubes, grips, brake caliper and cable, pedals, freewheel, chain and chainring. Now look at it!
This will make a great first race bike!!

Attachments

• BoogGT.jpg
    BoogGT.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 89
Mongoose was purchased by Pacific, which is why you see them in wal mart not, so any vintage stuff from them is not gonna happen. BMX products has old school stickers on their website, and I am pretty sure that Rini BMX has a bunch of original older Mongoose stickers. I just bought a survivor 79 motomag mongoose that's gonna get a rebuild.