Old School Audio

nice collection mike! did you get the punch pro from your local goodwill or the goodwill auction site?
i get quite a bit from the auction site on the cheap!

I think the second gen solo barics are the two middle ones. They have a dust cap that's a seperate piece bonded to the cone. The third gen is the one closest to the camera as it has a one piece cone with no line for a dustcap. My 2 10s are second gen and my 15" is a third gen. If you look at the model number it'll say "s10c" or s10d" etc.

All my crap is buried in various places, I don't feel like digging it out though I've posted it all here before, maybe I'll hunt down the old pics. 6 or 7 ppi amps and a bunch of odd stuff. Alpine 7949 and a clarion 9175L with the slave processor etc.

nice collection mike! did you get the punch pro from your local goodwill or the goodwill auction site?
i get quite a bit from the auction site on the cheap!

Local Goodwill. I never even thought about the auction site. I'll have to look that up. Oh! Also forgot about these in the back of the GN.

attachment.php

Honestly, since they're 8 ohm, I'd get rid of them if someone found me a good quality 6.5 midbass that's 4 ohm. These are new in box btw. Need something that'll handle an honest 75x2 from a ppi power class amp (pc275) or an art series a300 if I can round up a couple more art series to match. I was going to do power class series and custom paint them but the art series has a better wow factor (even though they're equal quality)

I would build transmission lines for both those Kicker 6.5's and run them in parallel. It would be unbelievably loud and clean.

Get the TS parameters and use the low tuning modeling off this site:
http://www.mh-audio.nl/tml.asp

Just do what I did and get some scrap OSB from a construction site for your experiment. I have an old Crunch 6.5 sub that I did this with and it is mind blowing. It is as loud as a single 10"

This thread brings back lots of good memories from the early 90's when I foolishly spent nearly every penny earned on car audio stuff. Favorite amp of all time (and I went through a lot of them) is Monolithic Sound. Had buku bucks invested in Monolithic amps, Dynaudio speakers, and other high end gear that got changed out as soon as the latest and greatest hit the market. The cost of audio gear alone far exceeded the value of the car it went into. Good times!

I would build transmission lines for both those Kicker 6.5's and run them in parallel. It would be unbelievably loud and clean.

Get the TS parameters and use the low tuning modeling off this site:
http://www.mh-audio.nl/tml.asp

Just do what I did and get some scrap OSB from a construction site for your experiment. I have an old Crunch 6.5 sub that I did this with and it is mind blowing. It is as loud as a single 10"

Sounds like a lot of fun. Send me a different set of quality 6.5s and I'll mail these right to you to put in your own car lol.

I like car audio but I don't have anywhere near that kind of time on my hands.

Sorry to jack the thread

Sounds like a lot of fun. Send me a different set of quality 6.5s and I'll mail these right to you to put in your own car lol.

Sorry to jack the thread

All I've got laying around are a couple sets of 6.5" components. Nothing that are subs or woofers.

View attachment 300523 I still run an ADS Power Plate in the back of my T. And old school Alpine.

I've moved away from old school headunits and processors, however what you have there is the one and only combo that I would ever go back to. I had an Alpine 7903 and it was by far the cleanest headunit I ever had. A buddy had the same headunit with a 7333 EQ like yours and it was clean!

I bought an Eclipse 5303 headunit for the GN and hated the low volt outputs. I added my Kenwood 5 band EQ and hated it more.

I also had an A/D/S PQ10 for a long time. Really loved that amp.

Sorry to jack the thread

what kind of speakers do you like?
i would be game on that deal

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg A few amps in the attic. Very dusty.
Ads powerplate 120
Braun powerplate 120 ( German ADS) , coustic 360 and 180, ppi 2075 that I paid less than $20 for at a pawn shop, original pinch 45, ppi 2350, punch 500a2. A lots and lots of other stuff in cars. My solobarics are the original s12's with the gray comes.

I am glad it is not just me that collect Old School audio. I have to get everything together and take some pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not knocking the new stuff at all, I just really love the old scool stuff. Amps went from underrated to crazy power ratings in the blink of an eye. I like a lot of the "new" stuff but as soon as I got interested in a product something fizzled. I wanted the Elemental Design amp / sub combo ( out of business), I got 2 Adire Brahma subs (NIB) (out of business), I had got a Blade Technologies amp back in the day and their parent company shut the door on them. When I was in Germany Dr. Crankenstein was the new kid on the block,loud and proud. I am on the hunt now for some MMATS subs to complete a system with a pair D100HC's that I got at a pawn shop really really cheap ( they do look like an off brand amp with cheap gold writing.) I will be buried with all my old Fosgate ,Alpine and MB Quart gear. I have never sold any of those pieces. I made the mistake and traded a car and forgot that 2 amps were mounted behind the glove compartment. I remember when PPI, JL Audio and MB Quart seemed like it took over the world.

My best old school head unit was an Alpine 7909. I've had great luck with the new Alpine and Kenwood double din GPS units in my trucks since 02. Been using Linear Power since the late 80's. I still have a bunch of the DPS series that I use in my Jeep and wife's car. I sold off the "older than DPS" stuff to buy the new Linear Power amps. They look almost the same as the old LP stuff and still overbuilt. Designed and built in the USA. If you remember the old Blues Car Audio stuff, it has been rolled into Linear Power as the speaker line. Website

I put a 1992 Cadillac head unit with a CD player and EQ in my Turbo Buick, left all the stock speakers and such. They aren't even "concert sound" stuff.

Thought I was rockin' some shit 'till this thread popped up........ :eek::D:eek:

BAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!

These are mine that aren't currently in cars. Love the 7904 setup. I sold a 7801 years ago. It was the poor mans 7909. Wish I had it back. I have 2 Xtant 3300c going into the current project. I love the way the old stuff sounds. Maybe I'm just old.