*UPDATE* OK Guys.... Looking for opinions on setting up a new LIVE AUCTION on TB.COM.....WOULD LIKE INPUT FROM MEMBERS *UPDATE*

WE4

TBcom Admin /Prayers NYFD/NYPD
We are in the process of setting up a LIVE AUCTION once a week on the forum.
Looking for opinions and yes they are like assholes as everybody has one !
WHAT WOULD YOU (the member) LIKE TO SEE HAPPEN?
Some of the things in need of input and whatever else you can think of to be a POSITIVE asset to this endeavor !!!!!
What day? (OR DAYS)
What time? (OR TIMES)
What type of products would you like to see for sale?
EVERYBODY will have the option to buy and/or sell.
This is NOT a Vendor only driven deal . In fact private parties are what I'm trying to get involved.
Do you think it should be mandatory to have a % of sale back to the board? Or completely voluntary? or Not at all?
Please post your input as I am going to try and do this off any and all recommendations.
I think it would be fun, beneficial, and a good time in general.
Once a week it will be a little get together and a good time for all.
I will say I believe PAYPAL will be a must.
People complain that their opinions are not heard. Well This is the time to get your two cents in and make a difference.
Not Vendor Driven …...…… MEMBER DRIVEN !
Please no matter how big or small your idea is, please share it and if we have to "massage" it to make it work...well... Massaged it will be!
If you think its a crazy and will never fly idea, post that as well. In order to make it fun and positively productive Positives and negatives must be and will be addressed.
BOTTOM LINE ………… FUN !!!!!
Lemme know guys whatcha think and I would like to have it up and running by the end of the month.
Maybe I'm outta my mind. Maybe its a crazy idea, but like everything else in life "You don,t know till ya try"!
Might be a flop....Might suck... but if no attempt is made at having a good time and some fun I guess we would never know.
Post away my Turboed Car friends.
Lets get this up and going and have some fun!! Whatcha all think????

Bruce
WE4

I think it would be a great time, I would think it might be pretty cool to see what rare parts some of the old codger 's :LOL:have lurking in their stash and see what someone is willing to pay for such items, as well as just standard items someone just wants to get rid of and help out other members get a great deal.
I vote for Thursday nite 8-9 pm std eastern time ,
the rules will have to be fair and enforced, pics will be a must

I also think you will have to limit number of items to a very low number form each seller for ease of operation, too many things will get complicated

I’ll buy using paypal but I’m never again selling anything via paypal. Postal MO or I’ll keep whatever it is I’m selling.

I also think you will have to limit number of items to a very low number form each seller for ease of operation, too many things will get complicated
Like I said, EVERYBODY gets a opportunity. I will not let it be monopolized.
What fun is that if the same person is always selling? Now if nobody who has not had the option to sell doesn't step up then of course a reseller could take the floor. But the GOAL is for ALL to be able and want to participate. I did a fair (HAHA) job of "Sharing" the trans forum when I had my business because my vision wasn't to monopolize that section but to gather the best and brightest in the field to SHARE our successes and failures and to GROW the knowledge back then on these transmissions. The more we had involved the bigger/deeper the information pool was to pull from. Well this is kinda the same thing. This is a deal for ALL to be EQUAL and get the chance to be in the limelight.
I don't know..... Maybe I'm Crazy fer tryin'...….
But don't know till tried and succeded or failed...
What the hell, I needed another hemmeroid I suppose... :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think it’s a great idea. Just my 2 cents I know I don’t post a lot but I’m always on here. Maybe have a “starting” price for an item. Then anything above and beyond that amount , a percentage should go back to the site because you are using the platform to make more on an item that you would have sold for for less.

I also think the hammer price should include shipping, so you have a one time transaction and don't have to go back and pay someone a small generic amount, sellr's should figure into there starting price

I’ll buy using paypal but I’m never again selling anything via paypal. Postal MO or I’ll keep whatever it is I’m selling.
just curious youll buy with pay pal but not sell whats the difference, its still a monetary transaction either way

Interesting indeed.

How would keeping track of bids be done? Not to be a Donny Downer, but someone has to play devil's advocate...... It might be hard to keep it all "honest", for lack of a better term. i.e. guys doing side deals via PM or running up the price of an item and the like. How would that be prevented?

What happens when someone wins an auction and then seller or buyer fails to live up to their end of the bargain?

What has Shane said about it?

Interesting indeed.

How would keeping track of bids be done? Not to be a Donny Downer, but someone has to play devil's advocate...... It might be hard to keep it all "honest", for lack of a better term. i.e. guys doing side deals via PM or running up the price of an item and the like. How would that be prevented?

What has Shane said about it?
It is supposed to be fun Shane sadi to do I wished. But I want you to do as you are. Problems will be problems and you have to be on to bid so keeping track is just whats going on.
Please be devils advocate.

Shane knows better Im the only one stupid enough to try and give an outlet to have some different fun
Ahhh yea Shane definitely smarter than that. If nothing ever changes everything stays the same.

Thursday nights might be hard during football season, jus' sayin'. :D

I REALLY thought this would get more attention than this. I guess this is one of those things. Honestly thought it would be fun and advantageous
Maybe another one of my blunders. Shane kinda warned me in his own way. Saw the hint thought I could change it.
Well for the people that have contacted me off the board and the ones in support on the board maybe we will just do a little thing and move on as planned and see if it will envolvce.
Cant say didn't try.
But at least I got the nads to try and definitely not afraid of a unsuccessful first attempt I don't give up that easily. Ask the wife :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: 40 years later...……………..
WE4