Ok everybody let's start a pic post thread for the W-Bodies!

Did the Lumina come with L67?
Mine came with a 3.1. I used an engine harness from a 98-99 z34 monte or ltz lumina. I had to make a custom axle for passenger side because the HD trans never came in them cars, custom ac line, custom 3" downpipe which was a challenge, the engine is very tight to firewall in these cars compared with regal and GP. I had to get creative with the airbox, I chopped the front snorkel piece off and used a silicone elbow attached to an oval stainless tube that fits in the hole behind headlight. there a zero clean w body cars in my area. they are still quite plentiful in junkyards though.

Last edited:
If you get really interested in buying one for stock or modified use, just plan to shop in the south. They tend to have basic sun-baked wear (clear coat, weather-stripping, dashboard, etc.), but you'll have a much better choice for no deep rust issues that are the only thing that can't be repaired/replaced/upgraded on them.

I still miss my 1998 Daytona 500 Pace Car Edition GTP that I drove in NY, MN, MI, OH, WI for 10-12yrs, and had to send to the yard due to all the winter miles as my only vehicle.

Ya, it was the car I learned/taught myself how to really get the most out of every minor upgrade I could barely afford in my 20's. Made some solid power for no intercooler, stock heads, stock transmission, and many custom/cheap/free junkyard upgrades... street trim 12.7 @ 111 at Norwalk in 2006, and 333whp/329wtq on unleaded Sunoco 100 or 104. Loved that car, and can't bring myself to buy another one, because it wouldn't be the same.

View attachment

Picture of my 99 LS is gone.
So is the LS.
This is my new DD '97 GS.
Just installed ZZP adjustable coilovers.
Has GMPP front swaybar, ZZP 2-1/2" SS downpipe, 12" F-body front brakes, 245/50-17 Continental Extreme Contact DWS's, F&R strut tower braces with Don Rome brackets.

Attachments

• 100_6648.JPG
    100_6648.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 66
Last edited:
I still have my H body L67 swapped LeSabre T-Type. Bought it in 2010 and swapped over a complete Bonneville SSEi drivetrain. Has GN badges just because I can. :)
IMG_4808.JPG

Attachments

• 20170916_152301.jpg
    20170916_152301.jpg
    9 MB · Views: 14